5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (318) 868-5375
- Southfield School's vision is to develop a lifelong love of learning in every student.
- Southfield was founded in 1934 by a group of forward-thinking parents dedicated to preparing students for a changing future. That commitment remains strong today.
- We provide the finest educational opportunity grounded in a challenging, innovative, liberal arts curriculum. We encourage shared responsibility of family and school for educating the student.
- We inspire individuality and special talents in each child.
- We provide a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere, and integrate core subjects of English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language with critical thinking, effective communication, and hands-on-learning.
- Southfield is committed to seeking diversity of race, religion, and ethnic origin among its students and faculty.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
Independent Schools Association of the South West (ISAS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Please see our website to learn more about Southfield Summer Camp!|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Total Students||398 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||42 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(No uniform required)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see our website for details on tuition and our Variable Tuition program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Lesley Brice|
|Endowment Size||$5.8 million|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Tennis, Volleyball, Winter TrackBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Football,
Volleyball, Winter Track,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
MathCounts Team, Robotics
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Classes, Eagle Singers, Middle School Musical Productions
- Southfield School's vision is to develop a lifelong love of learning in every student. The school was founded in 1934 by a group of forward-thinking parents dedicated to preparing students for a changing future. That commitment remains strong today. We provide the finest educational opportunity grounded in a challenging, innovative, liberal arts curriculum; encourage shared responsibility of family and school for educating the student. We inspire individuality and special talents in each child. We provide a supportive, family-friendly atmosphere and integrate core subjects of English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, and Foreign Language with critical thinking, effective communication, and hands-on-learning.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Shreveport Grades: K-12 | 716 students
9333 Linwood Ave
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 687-4923 3.7 K-12
- Shreveport Grades: PK-8 | 355 students
2785 Fairfield Avenue
Shreveport, LA 71104
(318) 221-7454 1.8 PK-8
- Shreveport Grades: PK-8 | 425 students
533 Ockley Dr
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 869-2361 1.2 PK-8
- Shreveport Grades: PK-6 | 62 students
207 Idema St
Shreveport, LA 71106
(318) 688-9858 2.7 PK-6
A truly wonderful school! Both of my children attend Southfield Middle School, and we LOVE it here! The teachers are attentive to the students' academic and emotional needs. The kids are greeted with smiles and hugs when they enter the halls and classrooms. My girls have had countless opportunities to try out and succeed in several academic and extra-curricular activities (cheerleading, science fair, musicals, talent show, Artbreak, Geography Bee, and many more). My oldest speaks French for FUN after only nine weeks of lessons! We are blessed to be a part of this school and encourage everyone to experience Southfield School and discover how it can inspire your child/children, too.
- Posted by Parent - Rebecca
Absolute best program ever! Very good theatre and arts program that helped my daughter come out of her shell. The class sizes are small to help your child learn more. My daughter went from being behind in math and science to excelling in school and making straight A's. They teach advanced material but they can individualize it more to help their students learn the material. Best decision we ever made!
- Posted by Parent - Three
Absolutely the BEST school in Shreveport/Bossier City. I encourage you to find another warm and caring environment for your child in grades PS2 - 8th grade that not only challenges your child but provides them with the encouragement to succeed and be confident in themselves. All of my children are attending Southfield and I would recommend this amazing school to anyone! Take a tour...you will not be disappointed!
- Posted by Parent - heath
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.