Tel: (978) 388-5354
- Sparhawk School is private, co-educational school admitting students of strong moral character and generosity of spirit.
- It is a joyful school for students in grades preK-12.
- Our programs are thematic, multi-disciplinary, and have a curriculum which includes the study of philosophy, an opportunity to study multiple foreign languages, significant student choice in classes, and average class sizes between 5 and 12.
- Our high school curriculum model allows students the opportunity to pursue excellence, combining the rigor of traditional preparatory environments with the innovation of emerging educational research and the joy of independent study choices for advanced students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Not Available (School did not report any membership associatons).|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Offers Post-Graduate Year||Yes|
|Total Students||152 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||40 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||4:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||9 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Ap Calculus, AP English Literature and Language|
|Average SAT score||1320|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||2011/2012 PreK/K $1300/month for full time Upper Elementary $13,500/year Middle School $14,600/year High School $22,500/year (Day), $47,500 (Boarding)|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Kaitlyn MacDonald|
|Admissions Associate||Jessica Peirce|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Climbing, Cross Country, GolfClimbing, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Archery, Band, Chess Club, Choir, Cooking Club, Creative Writing Club, Dance Club, Debate Club, Drama Club, International Club, Jam Band, Judicial Board, Literary Journal, Math Team, National Honor Society, Outing Club, Permaculture Club, Photography Club, Poetry Outloud, Robotics Club, Science Team, Ski Club, Sparhawk Ambassadors, Student Advisory Board, Student Life Council, Sustainable Farming Club, Volleyball, Yearbook|
- Sparhawk School admits students of strong moral character and generosity of spirit who have average to superior academic ability, a spectrum of talents in various multiple intelligences, age-appropriate levels of self-discipline and motivation, and the desire to take control of their learning in an environment of joy, honor, and respect.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Andover Grades: PK-9 | 452 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
(978) 475-1197 19.1 PK-9
- Lawrence Grades: 9-12 | 1316 students
300 Hampshire St
Lawrence, MA 01841
(978) 682-0260 16.3 9-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.