The Pike School
The Pike School Photo #2 - Pike students are good sports! Ninety percent of Upper School students participate in at least one interscholastic team sports. Middle School students may participate in a 6-week ski program. All students, Pre-k through Grade 9, take physical education classes that build confidence and instill a lifetime love of fitness.
The Pike School Photo #3 - It starts with cultivating an intense excitement around learning. Pike's Lower School curriculum is rooted in activities that develop essential skills while fostering confidence and creativity. Students are active participants in the learning process: it's not something that happens to them, it's something they engage in with others. These are the years to learn to love learning!
The Pike School Photo #4 - In Upper School, every effort is made to balance academic rigor with creative exploration. Through the elective program, students have the opportunity to apply classroom learning to topics of their own choosing. Upper School students also participate in our 1-to-1 iPad program to enhance collaboration, research, and learning.
The Pike School Photo #5 - Respect for the natural world is a running theme at Pike. Students learn to think like scientists by making predictions, recording observations, and drawing conclusions. Pike is a also a leader in environmental awareness and sustainable practices, from its energy-saving infrastructure to its recycling and composting initiatives to its 1.5-mile nature trail that loops Pike's wooded campus.
The Pike School Photo #6 - Pike students take art, drama, and music just as seriously as science, English, and math. All students, Pre-k through Grade 9, take visual arts and music classes; students Grade 6-9 also take drama. Our modern facilities include a professional theater, dedicated ceramics studio, and a fully-equipped photo darkroom.
- At Pike School, we believe every child has unlimited potential. That's why we provide unlimited possibilities-- for thinking, creating, competing, and unleashing curiosity.
- We surround every student with a web of positive energy-- small classes, one-on-one attention, and, of course, fabulous teachers.
- The kind who teach children the most important less of all: to believe in themselves. That's the power of positive energy. That's Pike School.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
New England Association of Schools and Colleges
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||439 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||66 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||13 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15|
|Total Sports Offered||10 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Ice Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Ice Hockey, Lacrosse,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- Surround a child with support, encouragement, and inspiration, and the sky is the limit! That’s the power of a truly positive education. Positive energy fuels our campus, and it ensures that our students are happy, curious, and confident kids. At Pike, our students do more than just acquire skill sets; they develop a deep sense of self-belief and gain the confidence to advocate for themselves and others. And by the time they graduate, they’re in the habit of being thoughtful and thorough in everything they do!
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Andover Grades: PK-8 | 151 students
400 S Main St
Andover, MA 01810
(978)475-2299 0.7 PK-8
- Beverly Grades: PK-9 | 408 students
545 Cabot Street
Beverly, MA 01915
(978)927-1700 13.3 PK-9
- Amesbury Grades: PK-12 | 152 students
4 Noel St.
Amesbury, MA 01913
(978)388-5354 19.1 PK-12
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.