Andover School Of Montessori
- The Andover School of Montessori fosters the growth of joyous learners and responsible citizens.
- We encourage curiosity, deep thinking and respect for oneself and others.
- In support of Maria Montessori's philosophy, we advocate learning through collaboration and communication; provide learning in a climate of support and experimentation; promote service to others; instill a sense of community and outreach; model integrity and civility; embrace peace, challenge prejudice and respect differences; and recognize that many perspectives inform the human experience.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||169 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$11,550 (Children's House Half Day), $17,400 (Children's House Full Day/Kindergarten), $17,600 (Grades 1-3), $17,950 (Grades 4-8)|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Finno|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren Spagnuolo|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Fencing, Snowboarding, SoccerBasketball, Fencing,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baking Club, Chess Club, Math Olympiad, STEM Club
Arts and Music Programs:
Artful Animals, Theater
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Archery, Intro Dance, Running Club, Soccer Classes, Yoga
- Traditional models of education place the teacher at the center of the classroom. At ASM, the focus of our classrooms is the child and learning is individualized. Students take responsibility for their learning, become independent, and are creative in their work. Our students are encouraged to follow their interests, a key indicator in students` enjoying school and becoming life-long learners. ASM`s educational model spans grades pre-k to eight and our classrooms combine children of multiple ages; therefore we see leadership and mentoring skills develop in our students as they progress through their educational continuum.
- Our Montessori environment is intentionally peaceful and provides children with opportunities to practice skills that will help them navigate social situations with grace. Our students can be heard encouraging their peers and offering to lend a helping hand. Your children will be greeted each day with a handshake from the head of school and their teachers, because each individual child is important to us! Perhaps most significant, we see our children as so much more than students and are committed to helping them grow as respectful and well-balanced individuals who learn to see the world beyond themselves.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
- BeverlyGrades: NS-8 | 296 students
243 Essex Street
Beverly, MA 01915
- LexingtonGrades: NS-8 | 235 students
130 Pleasant Street
Lexington, MA 02421
- LexingtonGrades: NS-8 | 231 students
739 Massachusetts Ave
Lexington, MA 02420
- MelroseGrades: PK-8 | 385 students
4 Myrtle St
Melrose, MA 02176
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.