Andover School Of Montessori
- The Andover School of Montessori fosters the growth of joyous learners and responsible citizens.
- We encourage curiosity, deep thinking and respect for oneself and others.
- In support of Maria Montessori's philosophy, we advocate learning through collaboration and communication; provide learning in a climate of support and experimentation; promote service to others; instill a sense of community and outreach; model integrity and civility; embrace peace, challenge prejudice and respect differences; and recognize that many perspectives inform the human experience.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||160 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 31 / Jan. 31 / rolling|
|Tuition Notes||$11,550 (Children's House Half Day), $17,400 (Children's House Full Day/Kindergarten), $17,600 (Grades 1-3), $17,950 (Grades 4-8)|
|Admissions Director||Michelle Finno|
|Total Sports Offered||2 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, SoccerBasketball, Soccer,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Archery, Artful Animals, Baking Club, Chess Club, Intro Dance, Math Olympiad, Running Club, Soccer Classes, STEM Club, Theater, Yoga Archery, Artful Animals, Baking Club, Chess Club, Intro Dance, Math Olympiad, Running Club, Soccer Classes, STEM Club, Theater, Yoga,|
- Traditional models of education place the teacher at the center of the classroom. At ASM, the focus of our classrooms is the child and learning is individualized. Students take responsibility for their learning, become independent, and are creative in their work. Our students are encouraged to follow their interests, a key indicator in students` enjoying school and becoming life-long learners. ASM`s educational model spans grades pre-k to eight and our classrooms combine children of multiple ages; therefore we see leadership and mentoring skills develop in our students as they progress through their educational continuum.
- Our Montessori environment is intentionally peaceful and provides children with opportunities to practice skills that will help them navigate social situations with grace. Our students can be heard encouraging their peers and offering to lend a helping hand. Your children will be greeted each day with a handshake from the head of school and their teachers, because each individual child is important to us! Perhaps most significant, we see our children as so much more than students and are committed to helping them grow as respectful and well-balanced individuals who learn to see the world beyond themselves.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
AndoverGrades: PK-9 | 438 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
BeverlyGrades: NS-8 | 296 students
243 Essex Street
Beverly, MA 01915
LexingtonGrades: NS-8 | 231 students
739 Massachusetts Ave
Lexington, MA 02420
LexingtonGrades: NS-8 | 215 students
130 Pleasant Street
Lexington, MA 02421
WakefieldGrades: PK-K | 154 students
5 Bryant Street
Wakefield, MA 01880
July 25, 2017
A table comparison of the three popular early childhood education approaches.
July 25, 2017
How do I know how this school compares with the others I am considering? Has anybody ranked private schools?
July 20, 2017