Waldorf School Of Lexington
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Enrollment: 231 students
- Average class size: 16 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Academics and Faculty
No graphics on clothing; standard of age-appropriate modesty
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- The Waldorf School of Lexington provides an arts-integrated academic education. We offer a curriculum rich in the humanities and sciences as well as practical and fine arts, grounded in the pedagogical principles and methods of Austrian philosopher and educator Rudolf Steiner. Cultivating critical thinking, creativity, and perseverance in our students, we strive to instill an enthusiasm for learning, skills in collaboration, and the confidence to engage in a changing world.
- Adjacent to the 185-acre Great Meadows conservation land, the Waldorf School of Lexington, founded in 1971, serves students from preschool through grade 8. The school offers a challenging academic program, provided by faculty educated in the understanding of students' cognitive, emotional, and physical developmental stages. A member of a global network of Waldorf schools, WSL provides a rich, rounded curriculum with a balance of academics, arts, music, and physical education. Beginning in first grade, the program integrates humanities and sciences with creative arts as well as two foreign languages. From grades 3 to 8, all students study a string or woodwind instrument and play together in a school ensemble or orchestra. The dramatic arts animate the curriculum with all elementary students participating in a class play yearly. WSL expands its classrooms into the natural surroundings with an organic gardening program, farm and field trips, nature observation and walks on conservation land, and through its seasonal, community festivals. Athletics and movement are an important part of every student's day through eighth grade. Sustained by a vibrant community of educators and supported by engaged parents, the school`s educational philosophy and culture instills in students respect for themselves, for each other, and for the living world around them. Our graduates enroll in a wide variety of independent and public high schools, colleges, and universities. WSL prepares students for a lifetime of engaged, self-directed learning.
Frequently Asked Questions
What sports does Waldorf School Of Lexington offer?
Waldorf School Of Lexington offers 2 interscholastic sports: Basketball and Soccer.
When is the application deadline for Waldorf School Of Lexington?
The application deadline for Waldorf School Of Lexington is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
View the Waldorf School Of Lexington yearly calendar below. Note key dates such as:
Endorse Waldorf School Of Lexington. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards