Our Ladys Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (781) 899-0353
The mission of Our Lady's School is to cultivate the foundations of learning through community and family interactions in the Catholic faith.
We respect and appreciate the diversity of all learners and challenge them to reach their full potential.
An education at Our Lady's School prepares students to be responsible and productive citizens while leading a life of Christian service.
Our philosophy is grounded in a fundamental belief in the inherent worth and value of our Catholic faith, which acts as the foundation and cornerstone of our school and the education of our young boys and girls.
We provide a learning environment that is inspired by God’s word and traditional Catholic values, for it is in these teachings that our students find the keys to achievement in their communication skills, computational capabilities, and proficiency in objective thinking.
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||318 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- Our curriculum focuses on the development of the whole child, emotionally, socially, cognitively, physically and spiritually. At Our Lady’s Academy, education is geared to the specific learning needs of each student and tailored to his or her learning style. To develop the whole child, our curriculum includes Language Arts, Mathematics (including Algebra), Science(including laboratory work), Social Studies (including History and Geography), Computer Science, Religion, Spanish (PreK to 8), Art, Music, Physical Education, and Independent Study (gr. 8).
- We utilize a state-of-the-art Guided Reading Program that encourages students to read to their ability by providing materials based on each student’s instructional reading level. We also use an assessment program that provides classroom teachers with information three times per year in reading, writing, and math to ensure that all students are receiving targeted instruction.
- We believe that it is our responsibility to provide the necessary environment for all of our students to thrive and develop to their potential, both academically and socially. To support our curriculum, we provide a modern, safe, and nurturing atmosphere.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 536 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 520-5200 5.4 PK-8
- Chestnut Hill Grades: NS-6 | 327 students
20 Manet Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
(617) 527-7540 5.7 NS-6
Great attention to detail and needs of each individual student and parents. Technology, after school programs etc. Our PK daughter has had major and more structured improvement.
- Posted by Parent - Gomez
My child has received advanced math education since the first grade. The teachers set up the curriculum tailored to each child so the child learns a lot and is not bored. The curriculum is specialized to each child by subject so if the child excels in one area and needs help in another, that can happen.
- Posted by Parent - l
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.