Belmont Day School
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (617) 484-3078
At Belmont Day School, our students truly love learning.
We nurture this every day through hands-on, interdisciplinary work that grounds the academic experience in the real world.
Our faculty are experts at offering each individual the right level of challenge and support.
As a result, our students build a strong sense of themselves and embody our core values: excellence, responsibility, caring, honesty, respect, & joy.
Our eighth grade graduates go on to the high schools of their choosing, where they are embraced as confident self-advocates and leaders in their new school communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liz Parfit|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren McDermott|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
- We are a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school with 311 students who are inspiring, bold and remarkable learners and leaders.
- Our academic program stretches students intellectually and creatively. Our structures allow individual and small group learning opportunities that allow us to provide the right level of challenge for each student.
- Singapore math program and problem based middle school math curricula focus on mastery.
- The Barn, our state of the art center for STEAM programming, is a gem on our campus. Students in grades Pre-K through 8 experience deep engagement with cross-disciplinary innovation and design thinking curricula.
- All students benefit from classes in visual arts, performing arts, music, woodworking, world language (French in Pre-K to Grade 5, a choice of French, Spanish or Latin for Grades 6-8) library and technology.
- Physical education classes in our Lower School prepare students for required competitive interscholastic play in our Middle School.
- We use our 11-acre campus as a classroom and our trails, organic garden and bee hives provide outdoor learning experiences
- Nationally recognized Health and Wellness program
- Six core values- honesty, caring, joy, responsibility, respect and excellence- provide a grounding for character development and community
- We have own kitchen and chef. A hot lunch is served to all faculty and students and individual food allergies and preferences can be accommodated.
- School also runs a very popular summer camp. Open to students and non-students!
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 536 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 520-5200 3 PK-8
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-6100 3 PK-12
We have had a wonderful experience at Belmont Day school and know with certainty that we made the right decision to send our child here. The community experience is extraordinary, the school provides an innovative and high quality education and the teachers truly do a wonderful job of ensuring the social and emotional well-being of the whole child. We have no doubt that our child will be well prepared for the future upon graduation.
- Posted by Parent - Parent
We have been part of the Belmont Day community for 10 years. I could not have imagined my children at any other school. Belmont Day has a strong academic program, amazing faculty, and an extensive curriculum! The school's numerous athletic, social and extracurricular opportunities have allowed our children to reach their potential in ways I could not have envisioned. I know that they will be well prepared for their next "home away from home" once their time at Belmont Day comes to a close.
- Posted by Parent - Lex
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
Each state sets its own teacher certification requirements. While many private schools do not require you to be certified, it is in your best interests to obtain certification. This article includes contact information for state education offices so you can begin the process.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.