Belmont Day School
Tel: (617) 484-3078
- At Belmont Day School, our students truly love learning.
- We nurture this every day through hands-on, interdisciplinary work that grounds the academic experience in the real world.
- Our faculty are experts at offering each individual the right level of challenge and support.
- As a result, our students build a strong sense of themselves and embody our core values: excellence, responsibility, caring, honesty, respect, & joy.
- Our eighth grade graduates go on to the high schools of their choosing, where they are embraced as confident self-advocates and leaders in their new school communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
State or regional independent school association
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||70 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 10 / Mar. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Liz Parfit|
|Admissions Associate||Lauren McDermott|
|Total Sports Offered||14 sports|
|Sports||Badminton, Basketball, Cross Country, Fencing, Field Hockey, Flag Football, Lacrosse, Mountain Biking, Soccer, Tennis, Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee, Volleyball, WrestlingBadminton, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Fencing,
Field Hockey, Flag Football,
Lacrosse, Mountain Biking,
Track and Field, Ultimate Frisbee,
- We are a Pre-K to Grade 8 independent school with 311 students who are inspiring, bold and remarkable learners and leaders.
- Our academic program stretches students intellectually and creatively. Our structures allow individual and small group learning opportunities that allow us to provide the right level of challenge for each student.
- Singapore math program and problem based middle school math curricula focus on mastery.
- The Barn, our state of the art center for STEAM programming, is a gem on our campus. Students in grades Pre-K through 8 experience deep engagement with cross-disciplinary innovation and design thinking curricula.
- All students benefit from classes in visual arts, performing arts, music, woodworking, world language (French in Pre-K to Grade 5, a choice of French, Spanish or Latin for Grades 6-8) library and technology.
- Physical education classes in our Lower School prepare students for required competitive interscholastic play in our Middle School.
- We use our 11-acre campus as a classroom and our trails, organic garden and bee hives provide outdoor learning experiences
- Nationally recognized Health and Wellness program
- Six core values- honesty, caring, joy, responsibility, respect and excellence- provide a grounding for character development and community
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-8 | 525 students
178 Coolidge Hill
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 520-5200 3 PK-8
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12 | 1015 students
80 Gerry's Landing Rd
Cambridge, MA 02138
(617) 547-6100 3 PK-12
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.