Belmont Day School
Inspire and challenge. At Belmont Day School, we foster intellectual curiosity, honor differences, and empower meaningful contribution with excellence, respect, honesty, responsibility, caring, and joy.
Founded in 1927, Belmont Day sits on a beautiful 11-acre campus with athletic fields, tennis courts, woodlands, a community garden, and a large outdoor pool.
Our students truly love learning. Teachers nurture this every day through hands-on, interdisciplinary work that offers each individual the right level of challenge and support.
Our eighth grade graduates go on to the high schools of their choosing, where they are embraced as confident self-advocates and leaders in their new school communities. Transportation is available for Belmont, Boston, and Cambridge.
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 328 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 10
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 28%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- We are a pre-k to grade 8 independent school with 327 students who are inspiring, bold, and remarkable learners and leaders.
- Our academic program stretches students intellectually and creatively. Our structures allow individual and small group learning opportunities that allow us to provide the right level of challenge for each student.
- The Singapore math program and problem-based middle school math curricula focus on mastery.
- The Barn, our center for STEAM programming, is a gem on our campus. Students in pre-k through grade 8 experience deep engagement with cross-disciplinary innovation and design thinking curricula.
- All students benefit from classes in visual arts, performing arts, music, woodworking, world language (French in pre-k to grade 5, a choice of French, Spanish, or Latin for grades 6-8,) information literacy, and technology.
- Physical education classes in the lower school prepare students for required competitive interscholastic play in middle school.
- Our 11-acre campus serves as a classroom and wooded trails, the school garden, and bee hives provide outdoor learning experiences.
- Nationally recognized health and wellness program.
- Six core values-honesty, caring, joy, responsibility, respect, and excellence-provide a grounding for character development and community.
- We have own kitchen and chef. A hot lunch is served to all faculty and students and individual food allergies can be accommodated.
- Belmont Day also runs a very popular summer camp. Open to students and non-students!
Profile last updated: 08/04/2021
We have had a wonderful experience at Belmont Day school and know with certainty that we made the right decision to send our child here. The community experience is extraordinary, the school provides an innovative and high quality education and the teachers truly do a wonderful job of ensuring the social and emotional well-being of the whole child. We have no doubt that our child will be well prepared for the future upon graduation.
We have been part of the Belmont Day community for 10 years. I could not have imagined my children at any other school. Belmont Day has a strong academic program, amazing faculty, and an extensive curriculum! The school's numerous athletic, social and extracurricular opportunities have allowed our children to reach their potential in ways I could not have envisioned. I know that they will be well prepared for their next "home away from home" once their time at Belmont Day comes to a close.
Endorse Belmont Day School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.
Should Teachers Be Unionized?
One of the basic differences between private and public schools is the fact that most public school teachers belong to a union. Should teachers be unionized?