- MOUNT ALVERNIA ACADEMY is a private, coeducational Catholic School for students in nursery through grade six.
- Established in 1927 and located in Chestnut Hill, Massachusetts, the school is situated on a beautiful campus overlooking Boston College comprised of three buildings, two playground areas, and two playing fields.
- Mount Alvernia is a sponsored Ministry of the Missionary Franciscan Sisters of the Immaculate Conception.
- The school community is composed of Franciscan Sisters, lay teachers, and families from varying parishes and ethnic backgrounds.
- Mount Alvernia Academy is fully accredited by the New England Association of Schools and Colleges (NEASC), the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and the Board of Education of the Archdiocese of Boston.
- MAA was named a 2015 National Blue Ribbon School for Academic Excellence.
- This school is authorized under Federal law to enroll nonimmigrant students.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||New England Association of Schools and Colleges|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-6|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2015|
|Total Students||327 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||23 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$8,600|
|Admissions Director||Mrs. Mary Walsh|
|Total Sports Offered||1 sports|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||After School Sports Program, Art Club, Band, Chess Club, Extended Day Program (until 5:45 PM), Glee Club Art Club, Band, Chess Club, Glee Club, After School Sports Program,
Extended Day Program (until 5:45 PM),
- Mount Alvernia Academy provides an unparalleled education for children from Preschool through Sixth Grade. Committed to develeping each student - intellectually, spiritually, and phycially - in an environment that celebrates community and friendship, we prepare the students for the challenges of tomorrow.
- With the goal of building a strong foundation in academic areas and critical thinking skills, the students study mathematics, reading, writing, science, and foreign language using technology, project-based learning, problem-solving strategies, and creative educational endeavors.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Chestnut HillGrades: PK-12 | 373 students
69 Middlesex Road
Chestnut Hill, MA 02467
RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 204 students
131 Mount Pleasant Ave
Roxbury, MA 02119
West RoxburyGrades: PK-8 | 387 students
40 Saint Theresa Ave
West Roxbury, MA 02132
WalthamGrades: PK-8 | 277 students
920 Trapelo Road
Waltham, MA 02452
BrooklineGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
20 Newton St
Brookline, MA 02445