Jackson Walnut Park School
Jackson Walnut Park School Photo #9 - Additional Classroom Support From Language & Reading Specialist
Jackson Walnut Park is a unique educational community sponsored by the Sisters of Saint Joseph of Boston. Our youngest children (toddlers through 6 years of age), begin their learning in a fully accredited Montessori program, Walnut Park Montessori. Many of those students continue on to receive an outstanding education at the next step in our continuum, Jackson School (grades K-6). For more than 50 years, JWP has fully prepared our talented graduates for academic endeavors, future leadership, and lives of purpose!
The school is located on a historic campus in Newton, MA, a suburban community outside of Boston. Through small class size and individualized instruction, we support the cultivation of the child's competency in all subject areas, thereby inspiring potential for imaginative, creative, collaborative, and innovative thinking.
- Top Ranked MA School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-6
- Students: 350 students
- Yearly Tuition: $16,525
- Acceptance rate: 85%
- Average class size: 15 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
Dyslexia, Language-based or Mild Learning Differences
Summer School Offered
Summer Program Details
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 29%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition for Toddler and Preschool programs vary. Check website for further details
Summer Program Cost Notes
Please check on jwpschools.org
% on Financial Aid
Average Financial Aid Grant
National avg.: 85%
- Children who graduate from Jackson School go on to achieve great success in independent middle and high schools in the area, including: Belmont Hill School; Boston College High School; Boston Latin Academy; Boston Latin School; Brimmer and May School; Buckingham Browne & Nichols School; Catholic Memorial High School; Dana Hall School; Dexter Southfield School; Mount Alvernia High School; Newton Country Day School; Nobles and Greenough School; Roxbury Latin School; St. Sebastian`s School; Rivers School; Ursuline Academy; Winsor School and others. Students also attend public middle and high schools in their cities and towns.
I give because "I feel warm here" was the first impression of our older son who transferred to Jackson School in the middle of 4th grade. This is a school that not only provides rigorous academic curriculum, rich art, and music programs, fun and learning extracurricular activities but also embeds high moral values such as integrity, courage, respect, fairness, honesty, and compassion in daily school life. It is a great inclusive community that we are grateful to be part of.
Endorse Jackson Walnut Park School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
5 Ways To Protect Your Child From Bullying
Bullying lurks everywhere. Learn the warning signs and how to protect your child.
Questions! Questions! Questions!
If you are beginning to think about sending your child to private school, you probably have a lot of questions. Here are some answers to your more common questions.
May 25, 2022Marketing Your School: Welcoming New Students
Why is welcoming students so important? Because it makes new students and their families feel that they are part of the school community from Day 1. More about this valuable marketing tool here.