Shore Country Day School
- Shore Country Day School's dynamic curriculum in Pre-K 1 through Grade 9 melds traditional skills with discussion-based learning, student-centered inquiry, and hands-on exploration through project-based approaches in the Innovation Lab, art studios, and outdoor classroom spaces. Shore's mission is to instill a love of learning in each child.
- Our Community Code articulates personal expectations for everyone in the school community. We encourage students to find strength in diversity, appreciate differences of opinion, and recognize the necessity for mutual respect among all individuals. Faculty members are committed to teaching students to become critical thinkers and compassionate community members who possess self-confidence and personal integrity.
- Attracting 405 capable and motivated students, Shore offers five bus routes as well as after-school care and enrichment programs to serve families from 43 surrounding communities.
- Shore's superb facilities are conveniently located on 17 acres, one minute from Route 128 in Beverly. Special features include three new outdoor learning spaces, as well as Shore's Center for Creativity, with its studios, practice rooms, kiln room, Innovation Lab, gallery space, and state-of-the-art 375-seat theater.
- Twice daily recesses, almost daily PE classes, 2 gyms, 6 fields, and excellent interscholastic teams emphasize physical wellness, fun, and teamwork.
- Under faculty mentors, middle school students opt to design independent study courses to explore and develop passions.
- Day and overnight field trips energize classroom learning. Service projects, clubs, Big Buddies, and the "House" system engage the full community in activities, celebration, and weekly meetings.
- 5 Answers to Common Questions from Middle School Parents - 09/01/2018 - Head of School, Clair Ward, shares thoughts on the Middle School years.
- 'Everyone's In': Social-Emotional Learning at Shore - 04/08/2018 - Learning extends beyond the traditional subjects.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
Educational Records Bureau
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-9|
|Total Students||408 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||49 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 1 / rolling|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Daphne Clark Faldi|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, Soccer, Track and FieldBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
Track and Field
- Joyous school environment
- Community Code which articulates community expectations for all
- Engrossing integrated curriculum projects at all grade levels
- Opportunities for Independent Study in Grades 6 to 9
- Physical Education or sports four to five times weekly
- Grade 9 program offering superior preparation for secondary school
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Beverly Grades: 6-12 | 153 students
35 Standley Street
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 927-8793 2.1 6-12
- Andover Grades: PK-9 | 452 students
34 Sunset Rock Road
Andover, MA 01810
(978) 475-1197 13.3 PK-9
- Beverly Grades: NS-8 | 105 students
701 Cabot St.
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 927-1936 3.6 NS-8