Tel: (978) 927-8793
- The Waring School is a liberal arts school for students in middle and high school (grades 6-12).
- Our mission is to create and sustain a community of lifelong learners who are working together for the individual and the common good.
- We assume that most learning in a lifetime takes place outside of school and that one of the purposes of school is to prepare an individual to learn on his or her own. We do not, consequently, think of school as an end in itself but as part of the continuum of a life-long process perpetually at work in each learner.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)|
Association of Independent Schools in New England (AISNE)
|Grades Offered||Grades 6-12|
|Total Students||153 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||12 students|
|Number of AP Courses||3 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Calculus AB/BC, French Language and Culture, Studio Art|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 15 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$32,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition differs for 6-8th grade, for 9-11th grade, and for 12th grade.|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Admissions Director||Shelley Morgan|
|Admissions Associate||Becky Schaeffer|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Lacrosse, Martial Arts, Soccer, Ultimate FrisbeeBasketball, Cross Country,|
Lacrosse, Martial Arts,
Soccer, Ultimate Frisbee,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||19 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
College Bowl, Community Service, Current Events, Debate, Literary Journal, New England Math Club, Stewardship, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Art Portfolio, Brass Ensembles, Chamber Group, Jazz, Madrigals, Men's Chorus, Orchestra, Percussion, String, Theater, Women's Chorus
- Do not grade or rank
- Narrative evaluations each semester
- Status reports at midterm
- Students receive Credit, No Credit or Honors
- Honors level courses in grades 10-12
- AP French & Calculus
- 100% of graduates attend 4-year colleges
- National Merit Scholarship Program: 30 Finalists or Semifinalists, 80 Commended Students, since 1972.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- South Hamilton Grades: 9-12 | 391 students
537 Highland St
South Hamilton, MA 01982
(978) 468-4415 5.3 9-12
- Beverly Grades: PK-9 | 408 students
545 Cabot Street
Beverly, MA 01915
(978) 927-1700 2.1 PK-9
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.