St Alphonsus Elementary School
- The mission of St Alphonsus Parish School is to provide a quality Catholic education for all of its students.
- This is accomplished in an environment that provides a planned curriculum based on educational standards.
- Instruction adapts to the needs and learning styles of the students.
- Creative thinking, experimentation and maximum use of each person's talents and abilities are encouraged.
- We believe the purpose of St Alphonsus Parish School is to respond to the call of the Church through a Catholic education.
- We believe our purpose includes a comprehensive education with active participation in the faith life of the parish.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
State or regional independent school association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||240 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||15:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||17 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(dark blue pants & light blue shirt)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$3,190|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Volleyball, WrestlingBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Student council, Website, Yearbook|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 219 students
7301 Bass Lake Road
Minneapolis, MN 55428
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-12 | 1367 students
511 Kenwood Parkway
Minneapolis, MN 55403
- MinneapolisGrades: PK-8 | 228 students
4050 Hubbard Ave N
Minneapolis, MN 55422
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.