St Annes Episcopal School
- St. Anne's Episcopal School is a Preschool through 8th grade school located on 125 scenic acres in Middletown, DE. The mission of St. Anne's is to prepare students for secondary education and lifelong learning.
- We strive to enhance the intellectual, spiritual, physical, social and artistic growth of our students so that they may realize their potential for good as citizens of local and world communities.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
Delaware Association of Independent Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||303 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||35 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Uniform: khaki or navy pants, shorts, skirts, skorts or jumpers. White or navy collared shirts.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jan. 2 / Mar. 16 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,120|
|Tuition Notes||Preschool 5 days/week; full day $ 7,785 5 days/week; half day $ 6,155 3 days/week; full day $ 5,710 3 days/week; half day $ 4,530 2 days/week; full day $ 3,810 2 days/week; half day $ 3,020Pre-Kindergarten 5 days/week; full day $ 10,215 5 days|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$6,500|
|Admissions Director||Jan Ross|
|Admissions Associate||Crystal Arcidiacono|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cross Country, Field Hockey, Lacrosse, SoccerBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Field Hockey,
- As an Episcopal School, we value the dignity of the human spirit by including students, administrators, staff and trustees from diverse cultural, racial, religious, family and economic backgrounds. The rich diversities of people and the many perspectives they bring serve to enhance the quality of educational experiences at St. Anne's.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Dover Grades: NS-8 | 64 students
1156 Walker Road
Dover, DE 19904
(302)734-3767 20.5 NS-8
- Newark Grades: PK-8 | 614 students
2451 Frazer Rd
Newark, DE 19702
(302)838-8850 11.9 PK-8
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.