St Catherine Academy
- St. Catherine Academy is a private state approved school of the diocese of bridgeport serving children with intellectual disability, learning disability, speech language impaired, multi-handicapped, neurological impairment, and autism.
- The school was established in 1999 as a fulltime, day school for the purpose of educating students who require a functional academic and life skills curriculum.
- The school educates students ages 5 to 21 who are emotionally sound, motivated to learn but unable to thrive in an inclusive setting.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades 3-12|
|Total Students||15 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||5:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Fairfield Grades: PK-8 | 203 students
981 Stratfield Road
Fairfield, CT 06825
(203)336-3801 1.2 PK-8
- Bridgeport Grades: NS-8 | 241 students
395 Anton St
Bridgeport, CT 06606
(203)373-1552 2 NS-8
- Norwalk Grades: 4-12 | 120 students
57 West Rocks Road
Norwalk, CT 06851
(203)229-0465 9.9 4-12
You have just heard about a new private school opening soon in your area. Should you consider sending your child there? A look at the pros and cons of such a decision.
If you know the answers to all these questions, you probably teach or work in a private school. Be that as it may, these questions contain links with the answers.
As you evaluate schools, take time to explore fully what the schools which you are looking at teach.