- Kindergarten through Eighth Grade is provided by St. Charles Catholic School, with extended Day Care available before and after school hours.
- St. Charles School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and provides quality education in a Christian atmosphere.
- Here, Christ is the center of every classroom. The students learn in an environment based on the principles of Catholic teaching.
- St. Charles School serves to reinforce what is expected that the students are being taught at home, Regular School Masses, daily religion class, concern for and outreach to the less fortunate, and good sportsmanship are part of the regular school program.
- In 1999 a new classroom building named Mercy Hall, after the Sisters of Mercy who founded our school, was completed which provides three new classrooms to replace older, outdated classrooms, The Joan B. Kroc Technology Center with computer, video, and applied technology learning modules available to the students, rest rooms and the Athletic Director's Office.
- A full range of athletic activities is available to the students of the school, with the school teams participating in intra-school games with other parochial schools in the league.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||245 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
San DiegoGrades: PK-12 | 321 students
2460 Palm Avenue
San Diego, CA 92154
Imperial BeachGrades: NS-K | 38 students
866 Imperial Beach Blvd
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
San YsidroGrades: PK-8 | 321 students
4141 Beyer Blvd
San Ysidro, CA 92173
Chula VistaGrades: PK-8 | 289 students
37 E Emerson St
Chula Vista, CA 91911
Chula VistaGrades: PK-8 | 302 students
760 1st Ave
Chula Vista, CA 91910
Great school with a family like atmosphere. The 7th grade teacher is the best by far and was one of the best years of my life. Students can form amazing friendships because of the small class size. The teachers both truly care for the students and prepare them very well for high school and future jobs. School is completely state of the art with new computers and tech lab with Smart Boards in every classroom. Google Docs and Classroom is implemented very well in the eighth grade class as well. This is a great school for any child and they will always remember.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - anl70
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.