St Charles Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
- Kindergarten through Eighth Grade is provided by St. Charles Catholic School, with extended Day Care available before and after school hours.
- St. Charles School is fully accredited by the Western Association of Schools and Colleges, and provides quality education in a Christian atmosphere.
- Here, Christ is the center of every classroom. The students learn in an environment based on the principles of Catholic teaching.
- St. Charles School serves to reinforce what is expected that the students are being taught at home, Regular School Masses, daily religion class, concern for and outreach to the less fortunate, and good sportsmanship are part of the regular school program.
- In 1999 a new classroom building named Mercy Hall, after the Sisters of Mercy who founded our school, was completed which provides three new classrooms to replace older, outdated classrooms, The Joan B. Kroc Technology Center with computer, video, and applied technology learning modules available to the students, rest rooms and the Athletic Director's Office.
- A full range of athletic activities is available to the students of the school, with the school teams participating in intra-school games with other parochial schools in the league.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other religious school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 44%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||10 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||27:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- The nearest high school, elementary school and preschool to St Charles Catholic School is Ocean View Christian Academy (0.8 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Imperial Beach Grades: PK-K | 26 students
866 Imperial Beach Blvd
Imperial Beach, CA 91932
(619)423-8648 1.2 PK-K
- San Diego Grades: 11-12 | 60 students
International (Swiss and Norwegian Headquarters).
San Diego, CA 03007
(407)766-6369 1.7 11-12
- Chula Vista Grades: 6-12 | 3273 students
660 Bay Blvd., Suite 110B
Chula Vista, CA 91910
(866)366-8847 3 6-12
Great school with a family like atmosphere. The 7th grade teacher is the best by far and was one of the best years of my life. Students can form amazing friendships because of the small class size. The teachers both truly care for the students and prepare them very well for high school and future jobs. School is completely state of the art with new computers and tech lab with Smart Boards in every classroom. Google Docs and Classroom is implemented very well in the eighth grade class as well. This is a great school for any child and they will always remember.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - anl70
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.