St. Christopher Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
- The Mission of St. Christopher School is to be a faith community of living witnesses to the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- Inspired by the example of St. Christopher, our patron saint, we seek to bear Christ to one another in our school, parish and community.
- We recognize that each child entrusted to our care is created in the image and likeness of God.
- To that end we are committed to creating a safe learning environment that fosters academic excellence as well as spiritual, moral and social development. St. Christopher School is dedicated to creating life-long learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Total Students||308 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||22 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Tuition Notes||There are three rates of tuition. A family's rate is determined by their contributions to their home parish.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||"Almaniacs", Altar Servers, Bell Choir, Board Games Club, Boys Scouts, Choristers, Drama, Girl Scouts, Honor Society, Literary Magazine, Math Fantasy Baseball, Newspaper, One World Club, Rosary Club, Student Council, Writing Club "Almaniacs", Altar Servers, Bell Choir, Boys Scouts, Choristers, Drama, Girl Scouts, Honor Society, Newspaper, One World Club, Rosary Club, Writing Club, Board Games Club,|
Math Fantasy Baseball,
- St. Christopher's Parochial School was founded in 1925 under the aegis of the Sisters of St. Joseph. Today, under the direction of a dedicated, professional religious and lay faculty, St. Christopher's continues its tradition of excellence. Recognizing each student as unique, we strive to develop the whole person through a spiritual, academic, physical and aesthetic education. We employ creative, innovative and practical methods in our teaching. It is our belief that we must prepare our students to be critical-thinkers, responsible, loving, service-oriented citizens in preparation for the years to come and eternity. Thus we strive to fulfill Jesus' command, "to love our neighbor as ourselves".
Profile last updated: 01/16/2016
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- MerrickGrades: K-12 | 133 students
36 Smith Street
Merrick, NY 11566
- UniondaleGrades: PK-8 | 400 students
530 Hempstead Blvd
Uniondale, NY 11553
- Garden CityGrades: PK-12 | 415 students
225 Cambridge Avenue
Garden City, NY 11530
- Rockville CentreGrades: KG-8 | 805 students
70 Clinton Ave
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
- New YorkGrades: KG-12 | 396 students
301 E 29th St
New York, NY 10016
I am a parent of the school. Although the school is good, the student teacher ratio is more like 26:1
- Posted by Parent - spark
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.