St Christopher Elementary School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (516) 223-4404
- The Mission of St. Christopher School is to be a faith community of living witnesses to the Gospel message of Jesus Christ.
- Inspired by the example of St. Christopher, our patron saint, we seek to bear Christ to one another in our school, parish and community.
- We recognize that each child entrusted to our care is created in the image and likeness of God.
- To that end we are committed to creating a safe learning environment that fosters academic excellence as well as spiritual, moral and social development. St. Christopher School is dedicated to creating life-long learners.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||260 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||19 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||There are three rates of tuition. A family's rate is determined by their contributions to their home parish.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||16 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||"Almaniacs", Altar Servers, Bell Choir, Board Games Club, Boys Scouts, Choristers, Drama, Girl Scouts, Honor Society, Literary Magazine, Math Fantasy Baseball, Newspaper, One World Club, Rosary Club, Student Council, Writing Club|
- St. Christopher's Parochial School was founded in 1925 under the aegis of the Sisters of St. Joseph. Today, under the direction of a dedicated, professional religious and lay faculty, St. Christopher's continues its tradition of excellence. Recognizing each student as unique, we strive to develop the whole person through a spiritual, academic, physical and aesthetic education. We employ creative, innovative and practical methods in our teaching. It is our belief that we must prepare our students to be critical-thinkers, responsible, loving, service-oriented citizens in preparation for the years to come and eternity. Thus we strive to fulfill Jesus' command, "to love our neighbor as ourselves".
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lynbrook Grades: PK-8 | 301 students
21 Fowler Ave
Lynbrook, NY 11563
(516) 593-4884 3.2 PK-8
- Rockville Centre Grades: K-8 | 699 students
70 Clinton Ave
Rockville Centre, NY 11570
(516) 678-5550 1.7 K-8
I am a parent of the school. Although the school is good, the student teacher ratio is more like 26:1
- Posted by Parent - spark
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.