Christian Central Academy
- Christian Central Academy is an independent, inter-denominational, college preparatory Christian school for students in kindergarten through grade twelve.
- CCA is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and is chartered by and registered with the New York State Board of Regents with full authority to award Regents diplomas.
- A member of the Association of Christian Schools International, CCA provides a strong academic program within an evangelical Christian perspective. CCA is approved to enroll international students and invites their applications. See website for details (under "Admissions").
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
Middle States Association of Colleges and Secondary Schools
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Total Students||257 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||45 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Number of AP Courses||15 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Biology, Calculus, European History, Physics, US History, 2 year Capstone course (Seminar & Research), Chemistry, Computer Science Principles, English Language, English Literature, Government, Spanish|
|Average SAT score||1230|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki/navy chino-type pants or walking shorts. Girls: similar pants or shorts, specific skirts, skorts or jumpers. Tops for all-solid long/short sleeve polos, collared shirts/blouses, or turtlenecks. Weekly Chapel & concerts-more formal.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$7,115|
|Tuition Notes||Actual range of rates for current school year is $7,115-$10,355, depending on grade and # enrolled. Multiple-child discounts. Application ($100) and registration fees ($200/family) separate and non-refundable.|
|Admissions Director||Ms. Kristen Guerin|
|Total Sports Offered||12 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cross Country, Flag Football,
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||28 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Annual high school retreat, class fundraisers, Council of Prefects and Mentors, Homecoming, See-You-At-The-Pole, senior mission trip to Dominican Republic, Service-to-the-Community Leaf Raking Day, Spiritual Life Emphasis Week, Talent Show|
Club or Organization:
Aademic Challenge Bowl, Balsa Wood Bridge Club, Book Club, Chess Club, Drama Club, First Lego League, First Lego League Robotics Team, Future City Competition, Girlfriends in God, Girls Who Code, Lifting Club, Mandarin Club, MasterMinds, Math Counts, Middle School U-Nite, Mock Trial Team, Ping Pong Club, Woodshop
Recreational Athletic Programs:
- Enjoying a 60+-year history, Christian Central Academy is an independent, inter-denominational, college preparatory Christian school for students in kindergarten through grade twelve. CCA is fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools, and is chartered by and registered with the New York State Board of Regents with full authority to award Regents diplomas. A member of the Association of Christian Schools International, CCA provides a strong academic program within an evangelical Christian perspective. 100% of graduates are accepted into college and universities with several annually being named AP Scholars and National Merit Commended and Finalist students. SAT overall total for reading, math and writing: 1690. For top 10%: 2151. Top 30%: 1986. CCA offers 14 Advanced Placement courses, 1 Dual Enrollment college courses and a competitive sports program in the Monsignior Martin Athletic League, strong music and art offerings, and so much more - all for the purpose of seeing each student develop a Christ-centered, Biblically-based world and life view as each one will "grow in wisdom and stature and in favor with God and man." CCA welcomes international students and invites their application. (See website under "Admissions" for details.) Limited financial aid available for qualified students.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: NS-12 | 37 students
3325 Genesee St
Buffalo, NY 14225
(716)632-6084 3.1 NS-12
- Buffalo Grades: 5-12 | 595 students
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)332-6325 6.2 5-12
- Buffalo Grades: K-8 | 374 students
399 Woodward Ave
Buffalo, NY 14214
(716)836-1191 5.9 K-8
The teachers truly care about my children and go out of their way to teach, mentor, coach, and pray with my kids. Do I pay tuition? Yes. Is it worth it? YES YES YES! Having a school that is teaching my kids in line with my beliefs and values while also scoring top academic rankings is a privilege. I am beyond grateful. I have 2 children attending CCA and have been part of this community for 7 years now. I wouldn't have my children anywhere else. (side note: I live in a good school district yet am still overwhelmingly willing to pay tuition to have my children in this family-style environment!)
- Posted by Parent - Allen
As a parent, we feel like we are part a community of like minded families who share a common desire "to teach a child in the way they should go." Parents bring their children to CCA because of the Christ-centered environment, the excellence biblically based curriculum and all the activities CCA is able to provide. All this enhances what is being taught a home and at church.
- Posted by Parent - Sue
My wife and I have been very happy with Christian Central Academy and the education our two kids have received. The class sizes are fantastic and the teachers are able to really get to know the kids and work with them individually. The school has a wonderful family feel and has instilled compassion and service within the kids. Most importantly, the children have been taught God`s word, keeping Christ as the main focus. This is a great place to send your kids!
- Posted by Parent - SC
Our family was in search of a school with small class size for our child. We love that the class sizes at CCA are intentionally kept small to foster individualized attention and a close-knit family-like environment for the students. The advantage of class-size is huge. There is great diversity in the student body and there is a growing international-student program. CCA`s educational philosophy embraces a well-rounded holistic educational experience for students. That is exactly what we wish for our child - to be nurtured in mind, heart and soul. The teachers are highly qualified, caring and exceptional within their area of expertise. Parents have many opportunities to get involved and serve alongside their children. While no school is perfect we have found CCA to be a pretty wonderful place for our child to grow and learn. Because our experience has been so positive, we highly recommend anyone looking for a private school to visit. Our child is thriving at this school!
- Posted by Parent - chris
CCA fully prepared me to succeed at an extremely challenging college. I always felt like I had teachers that truly cared about me, and were invested in my life. CCA does not have the greatest resources of any school in WNY, but what they do they do well. Solid academics, sports, and spiritual guidance, and the ability to grow close with your classmates because of the school's size. Senior trip to the Dominican Republic is also an incredible opportunity. CCA certainly isn't perfect - nothing is - but I am grateful for the years I spent there. They served me very well.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - andre
Our kids (9 and 7) have been at CCA from the get-go - Kindergarten. As parents of children getting ready to start Kindergarten we realized our kids would be spending MORE of their waking hours with their teachers than with us (their parents). We wanted those teachers to be "on the same page" as us - reinforcing the values we are teaching our children in our home. The teachers love the Lord, they teach God's Word to our children, they pray together and truly care about the students. Academically, there are high expectations BUT free time/recess is part of their day (yes, my kids still have recess almost daily). The academic support offered at CCA is outstanding, FYI. We love CCA, we love the sense of "family" and community we have with the other parents at the school. Awesome school under great leadership by the new head of school, Thad Gabelein! Highly recommend!
- Posted by Parent - jones
I am a former teacher and parent of two current CCA students. We are so thankful for this school's role in our children's lives. Our CCA teachers are some of the most dedicated educators I have been around. They truly invest so much into each student, and our children have had many experiences that I am confident they would not have had elsewhere. Each year at CCA has been better than the last- it is truly a unique school in the Western New York area!
- Posted by Parent - renat
Christian education..High standards..Christian character, love and perspective...priceless.
- Posted by Parent - laura