West Seneca Christian School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- At West Seneca Christian School our vision is to provide a dynamic Christian School as a part of the ministry of our church in order to reach and train the next generation for Christ.
- West Seneca Christian School exists to fulfill the great commission by assisting parents of the church and surrounding communities in the biblical training of their children in the nurture and admonition of the Lord.
- Our godly and experienced faculty strives to help each student grow to be more Christ like in all of their attitudes and actions.
- Respect for authority, self-discipline, dependability, adherence to civil law, respect for property and the rights of others, and development of a keen sense of right and wrong will be taught.
- Excellence on the part of all involved in the teaching process is our constant aim.
- Although emphasis is placed on academic and spiritual development, there are many opportunities for social and physical development within a Christian atmosphere.
- Scriptural principles are used to guide these facets of our students school experience as well.
- Thus, a Scriptural foundation is the basis upon which the whole student is trained.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Association of Christian Schools (AACS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||140 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 29%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Number of AP Courses||4 courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Business Casual )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Jun. 1 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,800|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition Assistance available Multi-Child discount available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Mr. Josh Sexton|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Soccer, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||6 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Cheer, Chess, Choir, Drama, Intramural Sports, Select Chorus Cheer, Chess, Choir, Drama, Select Chorus, Intramural Sports,|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- BuffaloGrades: 1-12 | 25 students
412 Center Rd
Buffalo, NY 14224
- MartinsburgGrades: PK-8 | 361 students
110 E. Stephen St.
Martinsburg, WV 25401
- Athol SpringsGrades: 9-12 | 519 students
4129 Lake Shore Rd
Athol Springs, NY 14010
- BuffaloGrades: PK-12 | 254 students
4625 Harlem Rd
Buffalo, NY 14226
- BuffaloGrades: PK-12 | 47 students
2625 Tonawanda Creek Rd
Buffalo, NY 14228
Christ-centered worldview, excellent academics with phonics-based reading, great athletic facilities, qualified and caring staff, and reasonable tuition
- Posted by Parent - weyan
As a parent of 3 children in the school, I highly recommend WSCS! Small class sizes allow more one-on-one help, curriculum that challenges the students, teachers and staff that care, test scores that exceed national averages, parents that are involved, and Christ which is placed at the center of it all! Although no school is perfect, we are very pleased with the high academic standards and biblical principles being instilled in our children. College is not too far off, and they will be more than ready!
- Posted by Parent - laura
I am very happy with WSCS. The teachers are qualified and caring and the academics are excellent. The methods used are traditional, using phonics-based reading, which places students extremely high on achievement tests. The academic and athletic facilities are great. There are good athletic, music, art, drama and language programs. The students receive a high-quality education in the type of loving, positive environment that is so needed these days. (The tuition is also very reasonable!)
- Posted by Parent - weyan
October 18, 2017
The Seattle area is home to many fine private schools as well as to major companies such as Microsoft, Boeing and Starbucks.
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.