Nichols School aim is to train minds, bodies and hearts for the work of life, and to carry into all we do the highest ideals of character and service.
At Nichols School, inspired teachers and students are committed to a quality standard of learning and achievement in all aspects of school life.
Our community strives to cultivate each student's sense of responsibility, compassion, honesty, and self-discipline.
Our goal is to produce confident and ethical young people equipped for the challenges of life.
We embrace and value our school's history and heritage. We also recognize the importance of adaptation and innovation as a means of preparing our students for the future.
We strive to create a community that reflects our region's neighborhoods and the wider world.
In this environment, our students develop habits of tolerance, understanding, and mutual respect.
- Top Ranked NY School
- Grades: 5-12
- Enrollment: 575 students
- Yearly Tuition: $19,725
- Average class size: 14 students
- Application Deadline: Jan. 11 / rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Learning Difference Programs
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 40%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Number of AP Courses
List of Courses Offered
Matriculation DataMatric. Data
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Jan. 11 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Grades 5-8: $19,725 Grade 9: $20,775 Grades 10-12: $21,175
% on Financial Aid
Total Sports Offered
- Nichols School is a nationally recognized coed college preparatory school for grades 5-12. Founded in 1892, Nichols is located in Buffalo, N.Y., and non-denominational, with 582 students from across Western New York and Southern Ontario, as well as several international students. The dedicated faculty is focused on preparing students to thrive in the global community of the 21st century.
- With an average class size of 14 students, world-class teachers foster each student`s talents beyond the limitations of standardized testing. Nichols develops students` intellectual and extra-curricular passions, and provides access to challenging academic programs, and exceptional athletic, art and international exchange programs. Through leadership opportunities and community service projects, students develop strong work ethic, integrity, character and personal responsibility.
- Nichols` beautiful campus holds many interactive learning spaces, including a sustainable math and science center, new visual art rooms and unparalleled athletics facilities. International exchange programs in China, Costa Rica, France and Spain create lifelong connections and deepen students` experiences in the classroom. Meaningful service projects strengthen students` understanding of the local community, and further cultivate character and leadership skills.
- Nichols is accredited by the New York State Association of Independent Schools.
Source: Verified school update
Endorse Nichols School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Don't Need Financial Aid? Step to the Front of the Line!
The fallout of the economic and financial meltdown of 2009 was far reaching. Private schools did not escape the consequences either. But that may be a good thing for you.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
July 20, 2022School Security: It Could Never Happen Here Or Could It?
School shootings and other emergency situations won't happen in your school, right? Who knows! Better to put in place the steps necessary to protect the school community than to be caught unprepared.