Gateway Longview Lynde School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- As a not-for-profit agency, Gateway Longview cares for over 3,600 children and families annually from across Western New York.
- We offer safe spaces where children can heal, learn, grow, and thrive, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally too.
- We engage the community to remind those in our care that life is to be enjoyed, not just survived.
- And we partner with our clients, working together toward a better tomorrow.
- Through 18 programs caring for children from birth through age 21, we focus on: Behavioral Health Services Community-Based Services Residential Treatment Services Special Education Services Protect.
- Enrich. Give Hope. It's our mission - Will you join us?.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- For more details about Gateway Longview's Lynde School, visit http://www.gateway-longview.org/lyndeschool/.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 878 students
1180 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14209
(716)882-0466 8.5 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: 5-12 | 595 students
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)332-6325 7.3 5-12
Gateway turned my son around. He went from being below grade level and getting sent home ever day to at grade level and never being sent home. I don't know where my family would be without this place.
- Posted by Parent - rmoeh
I was in residence at the Williamsville Home for Children from 1929 until 1931. I am forever for being cared there for the first two years of my life. I was thrilled to be remembered by a nurse when I visited in 1948.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - schoo
My 2 years at Gateway, made me into what I have become today,a successful businessman!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bling
As you begin to evaluate schools, keep these five basic questions in mind.
The Cristo Rey Network of schools currently comprises some 26 schools in 17 states and the District of Columbia. Truth is they are just getting started.
Teaching gifted children requires deft handling. These children need intellectual and sensory stimulation. But they also need guidance and careful nurturing so that they grow up handling their special gifts and themselves appropriately.