Gateway Longview Lynde School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- As a not-for-profit agency, Gateway Longview cares for over 3,600 children and families annually from across Western New York.
- We offer safe spaces where children can heal, learn, grow, and thrive, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally too.
- We engage the community to remind those in our care that life is to be enjoyed, not just survived.
- And we partner with our clients, working together toward a better tomorrow.
- Through 18 programs caring for children from birth through age 21, we focus on: Behavioral Health Services Community-Based Services Residential Treatment Services Special Education Services Protect.
- Enrich. Give Hope. It's our mission - Will you join us?.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- For more details about Gateway Longview's Lynde School, visit http://www.gateway-longview.org/lyndeschool/.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 878 students
1180 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14209
(716)882-0466 8.5 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: 5-12 | 595 students
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)332-6325 7.3 5-12
Gateway turned my son around. He went from being below grade level and getting sent home ever day to at grade level and never being sent home. I don't know where my family would be without this place.
- Posted by Parent - rmoeh
I was in residence at the Williamsville Home for Children from 1929 until 1931. I am forever for being cared there for the first two years of my life. I was thrilled to be remembered by a nurse when I visited in 1948.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - schoo
My 2 years at Gateway, made me into what I have become today,a successful businessman!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bling
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.
Here's a recap of the steps you need to follow to find the right school for your child. Work through the process in sequence from beginning to end.
Did you think that corporal punishment in our schools was extinct? Sadly, it isn't. Here are some facts and some suggestions as to what you can do to help eliminate corporal punishment once and for all.