Gateway Longview Lynde School
5.00 (3 reviews)
- As a not-for-profit agency, Gateway Longview cares for over 3,600 children and families annually from across Western New York.
- We offer safe spaces where children can heal, learn, grow, and thrive, not just physically, but emotionally and mentally too.
- We engage the community to remind those in our care that life is to be enjoyed, not just survived.
- And we partner with our clients, working together toward a better tomorrow.
- Through 18 programs caring for children from birth through age 21, we focus on: Behavioral Health Services Community-Based Services Residential Treatment Services Special Education Services Protect.
- Enrich. Give Hope. It's our mission - Will you join us?.
|School Type||Special Education School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other associations(s) for exceptional children|
National Association for the Education of Young Children
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||177 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 28%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||30 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- For more details about Gateway Longview's Lynde School, visit http://www.gateway-longview.org/lyndeschool/.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Buffalo Grades: 9-12 | 878 students
1180 Delaware Ave
Buffalo, NY 14209
(716)882-0466 8.5 9-12
- Buffalo Grades: 5-12 | 595 students
1250 Amherst St
Buffalo, NY 14216
(716)332-6325 7.3 5-12
Gateway turned my son around. He went from being below grade level and getting sent home ever day to at grade level and never being sent home. I don't know where my family would be without this place.
- Posted by Parent - rmoeh
I was in residence at the Williamsville Home for Children from 1929 until 1931. I am forever for being cared there for the first two years of my life. I was thrilled to be remembered by a nurse when I visited in 1948.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - schoo
My 2 years at Gateway, made me into what I have become today,a successful businessman!!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - bling
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.