St. Columban School
- Top Ranked CA School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 317 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
Academics and Faculty
(Designated School Uniform)
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
- Our Mission: St. Columban School is a parochial school that provides Catholic religious formation and a quality academic education to Kindergarten through Eighth grade students. Building upon the legacy of the Religious Sisters of Charity, our fully accredited parish school empowers students to give witness to the Gospel in love and service and become responsible members of the Church and community.
- Comprehensive K-8 Curriculum: Religion, Language Arts (Reading/Literature, English/Composition, Spelling/Vocabulary) Mathematics (Algebra 7-8), Science, Social Studies, Technology, Music, Library Science and Physical Education are components of our core program.
- Student Enrichment: Students have various opportunities to develop their talents. Leadership skills are enhanced through participation in Student Council, Green Team, Peace Keepers, and Drama. Additional programs (Choir, Field Trips, Guest Speakers, Athletics) give students the opportunity to meet the Schoolwide Learning Expectations.
- Learning Support ~ Resource Program: This program is a specialized element of the school intended to further assist students to learn in a manner that is most beneficial to them.
- School Chaplain: The Chaplain is available on a regular basis to students and parents.
- School Lunch Program: A catered and nutritious lunch program is available Monday through Friday.
- Extended Day Care Program: Daycare is available before school (7:00 a.m.) and after school (Monday through Friday, dismissal to 6:00 p.m.). Supervised assistance is provided for homework, outdoor play and crafts.
- Location: The school is adjacent to St. Columban Church, within two blocks of historic Garden Grove and near all Orange County Freeways.
- Our Staff: The school is staffed by credentialed teachers and principal, teacher aides, and specialize teachers in Technology, Music and Physical Education. With a Teacher and Instructional Aide in Kindergarten through Third Grade, there is a 20 to 1 student to adult ratio.
Endorse St. Columban School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards