St. Edward The Confessor School
- Based on the belief that God is the center of all being, the staff of St. Edward the Confessor School strives to foster the spiritual, intellectual, personal, social, creative, and physical development of each child.
- The faculty hopes to instill in each student the concept that religion is a way of life; enabling practice of Christian values with a sense of justice, service, and democracy in an ever changing society.
- St. Edward provides an environment for teaching Christian faith, making participation in the liturgy and reception of the sacraments accessible to the students.
- The school's curriculum, geared to welcome diversity and promote each child's unique talent and ability, imparts knowledge tempered by ethics, individuality, love of learning, and self-discipline.
- The faculty attempts to develop in each student a positive self-concept and a healthy curiosity so that educational and spiritual growth continues beyond the walls of this school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$300|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||--per course|
|Summer Program Details||Link to Summer Program Details|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2001, 2003|
|Total Students||402 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||19 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||Algebra I, English I, Physical Science, Spanish I, Spanish II, World Geography|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,000|
|Tuition Notes||Easy financing available; generous discounts for multiple children and registered, active, supporting parishioners|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Thomas Becker, Ph. D.|
|Total Sports Offered||9 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Swimming, VolleyballBasketball, Bowling,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Flag Football, Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||22 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Altar Servers, Brownies & Daisy Scouts, Builder's Club, Chess Club, Clown Ministry, Cub Scouts, Girl & Boy Scouts, Lego Club, Library Club, Mass Greeters, Math & Language Arts League, Mission Club, Newspaper, Quiz Bowl Team, Rainbows, RIght to Life Club, Robotics Club, Spanish Club, Student Council
Arts and Music Programs:
Band, Chorale, Readers' Theatre
- We are a traditional Catholic school with a time-tested and time-proven curriculum. We seek to prepare our students for rich Catholic lives, as well as for smooth entrance into competitive-admission area Catholic high schools. Our students work very hard, have a significant amount of homework, learn proper manners and etiquette, participate widely in community service, and distinguish themselves in the arts, athletics, and leadership. Our students and families enjoy many activities together and interact in an atmosphere of mutual respect. Our staff is experienced, and our curriculumm is rigorous.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Metairie Grades: PK-7 | 267 students
917 N Atlanta St
Metairie, LA 70003
(504)466-0591 2.4 PK-7
- Metairie Grades: NS-7 | 896 students
4921 Meadowdale St
Metairie, LA 70006
(504)455-8383 1.8 NS-7
- Metairie Grades: NS-8 | 793 students
3900 Derbigny St
Metairie, LA 70001
(504)837-6871 1.1 NS-8
Learn more about how the coronavirus can impact the financing of your child’s education.
Our children's education is a critical concern. That's why we elected to send our kids to private school in the first place. However, this COVID-19 virus is controlling everything. And it will continue to do so indefinitely until we have vaccines to protect us. With that in mind, here are five things you need to do when you are a parent with children in private school during this horrific pandemic.
If you are thinking about private school for your child in the aftermath of the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic, you should exercise even more due diligence than you usually would. More here.