- Based on the belief that God is the center of all being, the staff of St. Edward the Confessor School strives to foster the spiritual, intellectual, personal, social, creative, and physical development of each child.
- The faculty hopes to instill in each student the concept that religion is a way of life; enabling practice of Christian values with a sense of justice, service, and democracy in an ever changing society.
- St. Edward provides an environment for teaching Christian faith, making participation in the liturgy and reception of the sacraments accessible to the students.
- The school's curriculum, geared to welcome diversity and promote each child's unique talent and ability, imparts knowledge tempered by ethics, individuality, love of learning, and self-discipline.
- The faculty attempts to develop in each student a positive self-concept and a healthy curiosity so that educational and spiritual growth continues beyond the walls of this school.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Southern Association Of Colleges And Schools (SACS)
National Middle School Association
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-7|
|Awards||Blue Ribbon School - Selected in 2003|
|Total Students||414 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||29 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||22 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||English I, Algebra I, World Geography, Physical Science, Spanish I, Spanish II,|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Easy financing available; generous discounts for multiple children and registered, active, supporting parishioners|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,500|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Thomas Becker, Ph. D.|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Bowling, Cheering, Cross Country, Flag Football, Football, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
Cross Country, Flag Football,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||20 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Brownies & Daisy Scouts, Builder's Club, Chorale, Clown Ministry, Cub Scouts, Girl & Boy Scouts, Guitar, Lego Club, Library Club, Math & Language Arts League, Mission Club, Newspaper, Quiz Bowl Team, RIght to Life Club, Rainbows, Soccer, Spanish Club, Student Council, Volleyball Band, Builder's Club, Chorale, Clown Ministry, Cub Scouts, Guitar, Lego Club, Library Club, Mission Club, Newspaper, Quiz Bowl Team, Rainbows, Soccer, Spanish Club, Volleyball, Brownies & Daisy Scouts,
Girl & Boy Scouts,
Math & Language Arts League,
RIght to Life Club,
- We are a traditional Catholic school with a time-tested and time-proven curriculum. We seek to prepare our students for rich Catholic lives, as well as for smooth entrance into competitive-admission area Catholic high schools. Our students work very hard, have a significant amount of homework, learn proper manners and etiquette, participate widely in community service, and distinguish themselves in the arts, athletics, and leadership. Our students and families enjoy many activities together and interact in an atmosphere of mutual respect. Our staff is experienced, and our curriculumm is rigorous.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
MetairieGrades: PK-7 | 840 students
4921 Meadowdale St
Metairie, LA 70006
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 793 students
3900 Derbigny St
Metairie, LA 70001
MetairieGrades: PK-8 | 284 students
917 N Atlanta St
Metairie, LA 70003
MetairieGrades: NS-7 | 405 students
1600 Lake Avenue
Metairie, LA 70005
MetairieGrades: PK-12 | 307 students
201 Pasadena Avenue
Metairie, LA 70001
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.