St. Genevieve Catholic Elementary School
St. Genevieve Catholic School (Pre-K 7th), an educational ministry of St.
Genevieve Parish, exists to further the teaching mission of the Roman Catholic Church.
We strive to nurture our children in all developmental areas spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
Living and teaching Gospel values, we work to build God`s Kingdom.
- Grades: Kindergarten-7
- Enrollment: 478 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 22%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- St. Genevieve Parish opened its Catholic elementary school on August 29, 1960. It began with grades K-3 (99 students) and an all lay faculty headed by Miss Edna Ledet as principal. It added a grade each year until 1964. In that year, the School Sisters of Notre Dame assumed administration of the school. They were to staff St. Genevieve through 1969. The school reached its maximum enrolment in 1966 with 308 students, some of the grades having two sections. In 1969, the School Sisters of Notre Dame made the decision to withdraw from St. Genevieve School. After having polled the parents, to determine their feelings, the school board appealed to the parish council for approval of the school family's decision to continue the school with another all lay staff. In March of 1970, the parish council voted unanimously in favor of continuance.In the 1970-71 school term, St. Genevieve began with a full house of 280 students. 35 in each of eight sections, kindergarten through grade seven.In 1982, the St. Genevieve Parish Council decided to expand the school with a plan to add a second section to each grade. In 1987, the school adopted the Developmental Kindergarten concept, adding a third section for young kindergartners. In 1991, the last of the eight/sections was added and a new wing was added to the parish/school plant.
Source: Verified school update
It is a wonderful family at St. Genevieve! The teachers, students, and faculty have build a great community that cares about each other. My son has made lasting friendships with other great kids.
Every single person associate with St. Genevieve is dedicated to helping educate the children. They are helping to raise smart, compassionate, responsible, Christian children by not only in the lessons taught in class, but most importantly by example.
Wonderful and caring teachers and staff. Nurturing and family oriented. I could not have chose a better school for my children.
St. Genevieve provides a faith-filled, nurturing, educational environment for all children. I recommend this school, this family.
Endorse St. Genevieve Catholic Elementary School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
A Timeline of Private School Events and History
What was the first private school? What's the oldest school? What are some of the educational philosophies commonly found? Some answers here.
Suicide Prevention: Caring For Our Young People
At last we have a dedicated phone number for suicide and crisis support. The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline is 988. More about it and suicide prevention here.
Seemingly never-ending school shootings prompted me to find out whether private schools were safer than public schools. Some answers and opinions on the matter here.