St. Genevieve Catholic Elementary School
5.00 (4 reviews)
Tel: (985) 447-9291
- St. Genevieve Catholic School (Pre-K 7th), an educational ministry of St. Genevieve Parish, exists to further the teaching mission of the Roman Catholic Church.
- We strive to nurture our children in all developmental areas spiritually, intellectually, physically, socially, and emotionally.
- Living and teaching Gospel values, we work to build God`s Kingdom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-7|
|Total Students||478 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||27 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||18:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- St. Genevieve Parish opened its Catholic elementary school on August 29, 1960. It began with grades K-3 (99 students) and an all lay faculty headed by Miss Edna Ledet as principal. It added a grade each year until 1964. In that year, the School Sisters of Notre Dame assumed administration of the school. They were to staff St. Genevieve through 1969. The school reached its maximum enrolment in 1966 with 308 students, some of the grades having two sections. In 1969, the School Sisters of Notre Dame made the decision to withdraw from St. Genevieve School. After having polled the parents, to determine their feelings, the school board appealed to the parish council for approval of the school family's decision to continue the school with another all lay staff. In March of 1970, the parish council voted unanimously in favor of continuance.In the 1970-71 school term, St. Genevieve began with a full house of 280 students. 35 in each of eight sections, kindergarten through grade seven.In 1982, the St. Genevieve Parish Council decided to expand the school with a plan to add a second section to each grade. In 1987, the school adopted the Developmental Kindergarten concept, adding a third section for young kindergartners. In 1991, the last of the eight/sections was added and a new wing was added to the parish/school plant.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Thibodaux Grades: PK-7 | 746 students
501 Cardinal Drive
Thibodaux, LA 70301
(985) 850-3114 1.7 PK-7
- Thibodaux Grades: K-8 | 708 students
501 Cardinal Dr
Thibodaux, LA 70301
(985) 446-1346 1.7 K-8
- Raceland Grades: PK-8 | 269 students
3492 Nies St
Raceland, LA 70394
(985) 537-7544 13.3 PK-8
It is a wonderful family at St. Genevieve! The teachers, students, and faculty have build a great community that cares about each other. My son has made lasting friendships with other great kids.
- Posted by Parent - k2019
Every single person associate with St. Genevieve is dedicated to helping educate the children. They are helping to raise smart, compassionate, responsible, Christian children by not only in the lessons taught in class, but most importantly by example.
- Posted by Parent - k10vi
Wonderful and caring teachers and staff. Nurturing and family oriented. I could not have chose a better school for my children.
- Posted by Parent - alaga
St. Genevieve provides a faith-filled, nurturing, educational environment for all children. I recommend this school, this family.
- Posted by Parent - beth0
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.