St George's Episcopal School
- St. George's is an independent, not-for-profit day school serving students in pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade.
- The school seeks to enroll students of good character who give evidence of being able to benefit from a challenging learning experience.
- The goal of the school is to provide an excellent education in the long tradition of both independent and Episcopal schools in this country.
- Both the curricular and extra-curricular programs address the total person, and strive to meet the needs of each individual student in developing the mind, heart, spirit, and body.
- The goal is to enable each student to achieve the highest academic excellence possible and to guide the student in the formation and further development of character, faith, and an attentive consideration of others.
- Furthermore, St. George's Episcopal School education is expected to inspire a commitment to community service and social responsibility.
- This mission is accomplished within a student-centered, loving and nurturing environment and in a setting which reflects the faith and traditions of the Episcopal Church.
- Students are prepared for high school and for life beyond the academic institution.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-11|
|Total Students||179 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||7:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Susan Bartholomew|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Griffin Grades: K-12 | 181 students
600 Baptist Camp Rd
Griffin, GA 30223
(770) 227-8966 14.4 K-12
- Stockbridge Grades: NS-12 | 1070 students
2001 Jodeco Rd
Stockbridge, GA 30281
(678) 432-0191 25.4 NS-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.