- St. George's is an independent, not-for-profit day school serving students in pre-kindergarten through the eighth grade.
- The school seeks to enroll students of good character who give evidence of being able to benefit from a challenging learning experience.
- The goal of the school is to provide an excellent education in the long tradition of both independent and Episcopal schools in this country.
- Both the curricular and extra-curricular programs address the total person, and strive to meet the needs of each individual student in developing the mind, heart, spirit, and body.
- The goal is to enable each student to achieve the highest academic excellence possible and to guide the student in the formation and further development of character, faith, and an attentive consideration of others.
- Furthermore, St. George's Episcopal School education is expected to inspire a commitment to community service and social responsibility.
- This mission is accomplished within a student-centered, loving and nurturing environment and in a setting which reflects the faith and traditions of the Episcopal Church.
- Students are prepared for high school and for life beyond the academic institution.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association of Episcopal Schools (NAES)
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||136 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 25%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Susan Bartholomew|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Golf, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Cross Country, Golf,
Tennis, Track and Field,
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.