- The mission of St. Gregory Catholic School is to promote Christian values and to pursue excellence in education within the school community.
- It is a privilege to serve the children of this school.
- We believe every day should be a delightful journey of spiritual growth, learning, and discovery.
- Our traditions and culture reflect the strong spirituality of our community, as well as the academic success and caliber of our students and staff.
- St. Gregory's staff is deeply committed to high achievement for each of our students.
- Our mission, philosophy, and student learning expectations describe our commitment to ensuring that all of our students reach their full spiritual, academic, intellectual, and creative potential.
- Our parents also play a vital role in the education of our children and offer incredible support in and out of the classroom.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Autism, learning disabilities, hearing impaired, ADHD|
|Total Students||372 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 32%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||36 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||10:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|Number of AP Courses||6 courses|
|Advanced Courses||7th grade Honors English, 7th grade Honors Literature, 7th grade Pre-Algebra, 8th grade Algebra I, 8th grade Honors English, 8th grade Honors Literature,|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(St. Gregory School Uniform)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition rage is $6,400 to $4,160 depending on parishioner status. There is a multi-child discount. Scholarships cover up to 100% available based on need.|
|% on Financial Aid||
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$3,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Margaret Welfelt|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Football, Soccer, Softball, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||8 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, Chess, Choir, Dance, STEM Activities, Sports Program, Student Council, Theater Band, Chess, Choir, Dance, Sports Program, Theater, STEM Activities,
- Educating Hearts and Minds since 1945
- Advanced Curriculum
- Welcoming Community
- Extracurricular Activities
- Early Day & Extended Day Services
- School Location Miles Grades Students
PhoenixGrades: PK-8 | 467 students
6351 N 27th Avenue
Phoenix, AZ 85017
PhoenixGrades: PK-8 | 571 students
4715 N Central Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85012
PhoenixGrades: PK-12 | 426 students
1751 W Indian School Road
Phoenix, AZ 85015
AvondaleGrades: PK-8 | 313 students
13720 W Thomas Rd
Avondale, AZ 85392
PhoenixGrades: 1-8 | 104 students
6801 N 43rd Ave
Phoenix, AZ 85019
I really love this school and I've been here since pretty school I've made some pretty great friends over the years and this school is always and forever will be my St.Gregory family and if Mrs.Graves or Mrs.DeGrose is reading this thank for doing my idea of the sticky notes
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anoymous
We attended Grandparents Day and met our 2 grandson's teachers, who were preschool and kindergarten. They were very friendly and knowledgeable. The children were all very happy and well managed. I think Saint Gregory's School is wonderfully diverse and focused on learning. Sincerely, Mark Tellier
- Posted by Parent - mjtel
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.