St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center
St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center serves 32 students in grades Prekindergarten-Kindergarten, is a member of the American Montessori Society (AMS).
The student:teacher of St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center is 11:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Nonsectarian.
Quick Stats (2023)
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-Kindergarten
- Enrollment: 32 students
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 50 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Fees according to number of hours in school.
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Yoga/Movement - Music Institute of Lexington
- Founded in 1973, St. Joseph Montessori Children's Center is the only Montessori school in Nelson County that is affiliated with the American Montessori Society. We have 3 Montessori certified teachers. We follow the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori whereby we teach children to be independent in a mixed age environment. We offer studies in Math, Language, Science, Geography, Sensorial, Practical Life, History and Nature Studies. We are located on the serene campus of the Sisters of Charity in Nazareth, Kentucky.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the acceptance rate of St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center?
The acceptance rate of St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center is 100%, which is higher than the national average of 93%.
When is the application deadline for St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center?
The application deadline for St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Enrichment Resources For Children Ages 10-14
I asked ChatGPT to list apps, YouTube Channels, and podcasts suitable for enriching the studies of students ages 10-14. (We'll look at resources for younger and older students in another article.)
February 13, 2023Designing Assignments In The ChatGPT Era
AI (Artificial Intelligence), specifically ChatGPT, poses some serious challenges for teachers. We explore the importance of teaching students how to attribute the work and ideas of others.