St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center
St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center serves 25 students in grades Prekindergarten-1is a member of the American Montessori Society (AMS).
The student:teacher of St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center is 6:1 and the school's religious affiliation is Roman Catholic.
- School Type: Montessori School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-1
- Students: 25 students
- Acceptance rate: 100%
- Average class size: 50 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Summer School Offered
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 10%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
Classroom Dress Code
Finances and Admission
None / Rolling
Fees according to number of hours in school.
National avg.: 85%
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Yoga/Movement - Music Institute of Lexington
- Founded in 1973, St. Joseph Montessori Children's Center is the only Montessori school in Nelson County that is affiliated with the American Montessori Society. We have 3 Montessori certified teachers. We follow the philosophy of Dr. Maria Montessori whereby we teach children to be independent in a mixed age environment. We offer studies in Math, Language, Science, Geography, Sensorial, Practical Life, History and Nature Studies. We are located on the serene campus of the Sisters of Charity in Nazareth, Kentucky.
Endorse St. Joseph Montessori Childrens Center. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
What A Teacher Does
A teacher wears many hats. Here's a look at her duties and responsibilities.
How Diverse Are Private Schools?
Decades ago private schools could have been accused of being elitist. You had to have money to attend. The student populations were fairly homogeneous. Fortunately that has changed.
Private School Job Searching 101
Here is a guide for teachers and administrators seeking employment in private schools. Think of it as a roadmap for the job search process.