Red Bird Christian School
- Red Bird Mission, a non-profit agency located in the Appalachian mountains of Southeastern Kentucky, empowers individuals and advocated justice by providing educational, health, and community outreach ministries to area low-income residents.
- Red Bird Mission and Clinic have been providing ministries in this region of the Appalachian Mountains since 1921.
- Today the need remains critical in this isolated, rural distressed area.
- Chronic poverty, lack of jobs, poor housing, and rugged mountainous terrain provide obstacles to a fuller life for the residents of this area.
- Red Bird Mission and Clinic strives to meet these needs through ministry in five areas Education, Health and Wellness, Community Outreach, Economic Opportunity, and Community Housing Improvement.
- The Education ministries are carried out through a K-12 school and an early childhood development program for 3 and 4 year-old children.
- These education ministries provide the opportunity for the children and youth of this community to get a quality education in a loving Christian environment empowering these young people with tools that will help them escape this cycle of poverty in which they are exposed to and live in daily.
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||231 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 9%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||21 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Tuscaloosa Grades: PK-12 | 998 students
2300 Veterans Memorial Parkway
Tuscaloosa, AL 35404
(205) 553-5963 338.8 PK-12
- La Canada Flintridge Grades: 9-12 | 402 students
440 St. Katherine Dr.
La Canada Flintridge, CA 91011
(626) 685-8333 1836.1 9-12
- Milwaukee Grades: 9-12 | 194 students
4030 N. 29th Street
Milwaukee, WI 53216
(414) 873-4014 387.1 9-12