St Ignatius Elementary School
5.00 (3 reviews)
Tel: (337) 662-3325
- The history of St. Ignatius School in Grand Coteau goes back more than a century.
- It had its beginning on Easter Monday, April 7, 1890, under the guidance of the Religious of the Sacred Heart.
- The school was then called Sacred Heart Parochial, which was the name of the parish church at that time.
- The name of the school was changed from Sacred Heart Parochial School to St. Ignatius School.
- This was done in honor of St. Ignatius of Loyola, the founder of the Society of Jesus whose priests are the administrators of the church parish. St. Ignatius is also the patron saint of schools.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||391 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Lafayette Grades: PK-8 | 524 students
502 Saint Leo St
Lafayette, LA 70501
(337) 234-5510 11 PK-8
- Carencro Grades: PK-8 | 293 students
200 W Saint Peter Street
Carencro, LA 70520
(337) 896-8973 6.7 PK-8
- Opelousas Grades: PK-12 | 913 students
186 Westminster Drive
Opelousas, LA 70570
(337) 948-8607 5.1 PK-12
- Bunkie Grades: PK-8 | 183 students
116 S Knoll Ave
Bunkie, LA 71322
(318) 346-2739 38.4 PK-8
- Cottonport Grades: PK-8 | 245 students
850 Front St
Cottonport, LA 71327
(318) 876-3651 39.6 PK-8
I graduated in 1968 and very proud of the fact I attended St Ignatius school . I use my knowledge of ethics and honor still today in my daily life ! I'm 61 years old, retired, still married to the same person for 38 years . We have 4 children .
- Posted by Student/Alumni - rapha
I am the grandfather of Riley Guidry and I am amazed and very happy to see what she has accomplished so far. My wife Rhonda and I plan on being very involved in all of her school and every day activities. Please keep up the good work. Thank You Mark Patin
- Posted by Parent - mark.
I am a seventh grade student at this school. The amount of students in whole school and the number of students in every grade is incorrect. We go to the grades of Pre-K for three year old children to eighth grade. This school is a really great one. We receive knew students in my class every year. This school is great!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - mcl12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.