St. James Catholic School was founded in 1912. For over 100 years St. James Catholic School has provided an exceptional Catholic Christian education to students in Etowah County. St.James School is a K-3 through 8th grade school accredited by Advanced ED, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools. We have a diverse student body that reflects the world today. We are truly a family-oriented school where you can witness the love and respect the students, faculty, and staff have for one another. Please call the school for a visit and see what a great education your child will receive. Mission Statement: St. James Catholic School proclaims the faith of Jesus and promotes social, educational, and spiritual excellence.
- Top Ranked AL School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Enrollment: 135 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
- Source: Verified school update
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 24%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
Please see the school's website for updated information.
- Our pre-school program, three year old through five year old kindergarten, provides a loving family oriented atmosphere where our young students thrive and learn each day. The students learn so much so quickly through the use of centers, manipulative activities, and creative play. The classes are small, so each child receives individual attention.
- The students in first through eighth grade receive an excellent education. Our students learn how to think critically and logically, and how to work cooperatively in hands on activities. We provide a challenging curriculum in all areas as well as enrichment courses in choir, drama, track, computer, music, PE, art, and library. Our science lab, computer lab, and library are equipped with up to date equipment, computers, and books.
- Our students participate in the Builders Club, the Junior Beta Club, and Scholars Bowl. When our students enterthe area high schools, they are prepared for the advanced college prep classes. Throughout the years, many of our graduates have been valedictorians for the area high schools and have earned full scholarships to in-state and out of state colleges, including Harvard University.
- Our well balanced academic program is directed toward spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and moral growth so that our students can make moral decisions and be of service to family, church, community, and nation.
- Enrollment is currently open to the public.
Source: Verified school update
Frequently Asked Questions
What schools are St. James Catholic School often compared to?
What is St. James Catholic School's ranking?
St. James Catholic School ranks among the top 20% of private schools in Alabama for: Oldest founding date.
When is the application deadline for St. James Catholic School?
The application deadline for St. James Catholic School is rolling (applications are reviewed as they are received year-round).
Endorse St. James Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Children With Learning Differences: How To Proceed
Facing the reality that your child has learning differences is never easy. But with a diagnosis from a qualified professional, and skilled experienced teachers who know how to remediate those differences, your child can learn to handle her differences. More here.
Examining the Current State of Vouchers in Arizona
This comprehensive article explores the current state of voucher programs in Arizona, examining the relevant state laws, pros and cons, and their impact on education. Gain authoritative insights into the Empowerment Scholarship Accounts (ESA) program, equity concerns, and the ongoing debate surrounding educational choice in Arizona.
Volunteering at Your Children's Private School
Discover the many meaningful ways parents can get involved at their children's private school and make a positive impact on the educational journey. From PTA involvement to sharing specialized skills, find out how your contributions can strengthen the school community.