St James Catholic School
- St. James Catholic School was founded in 1912. For over 100 years St. James Catholic School has provided an exceptional Catholic Christian education to students in Etowah County.
- St.James School is a K-3 through 8th grade school accredited by Advanced ED, the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.
- We have a diverse student body that reflects the world today.
- We are truly a family-oriented school where you can witness the love and respect the students, faculty, and staff have for one another.
- Please call the school for a visit and see what a great education your child will receive.
- Mission Statement: St. James Catholic School proclaims the faith of Jesus and promotes social, educational, and spiritual excellence.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||141 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 21%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||13 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please see the school's website for updated information.|
- Our pre-school program, three year old through five year old kindergarten, provides a loving family oriented atmosphere where our young students thrive and learn each day. The students learn so much so quickly through the use of centers, manipulative activities, and creative play. The classes are small, so each child receives individual attention.
- The students in first through eighth grade receive an excellent education. Our students learn how to think critically and logically, and how to work cooperatively in hands on activities. We provide a challenging curriculum in all areas as well as enrichment courses in choir, drama, track, computer, music, PE, art, and library. Our science lab, computer lab, and library are equipped with up to date equipment, computers, and books.
- Our students participate in the Builders Club, the Junior Beta Club, and Scholars Bowl. When our students enter the area high schools, they are prepared for the advanced college prep classes. Throughout the years, many of our graduates have been valedictorians for the area high schools and have earned full scholarships to in-state and out of state colleges, including Harvard University.
- Our well balanced academic program is directed toward spiritual, intellectual, emotional, and moral growth so that our students can make moral decisions and be of service to family, church, community, and nation.
- Enrollment is currently open to the public.
What are the attributes which make 21st century military schools so special? We find out in this article.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
We look at several ways you can use to search for private schools. Whether you are beginning the search process for a school for your child or just want to find out more about particular schools, we offer some tips and tricks to make searching more efficient.