St. James Elementary School
- St James Elementary School is a K-8 school with an enrollment of 318 students.
- The staff of St. James School is committed to excellence in Catholic education.
- We recognize the parents as primary educators of their children and assist parents in the task of education.
- In a positive, caring, and supportive environment, we work to facilitate the development of confident, competent, and caring Catholic-Christian citizens prepared to be responsible members of their church, local and global communities.
- The staff of St. James School is committed to excellence in Catholic education. We believe this education has five distinct goals- religious development, academic achievement, commitment to community service, and personal and social development, as well as physical and cultural development.
- We guide the spiritual formation of the student in partnership with the parents.
- We strive to influence the moral values of the child and hope to help each strengthen his/her personal relationship with God.
- We believe in the uniqueness of each student and every child's right to an education.
- We strive to develop self-esteem and individual talents and abilities to the fullest.
- We provide opportunities for individual growth, and respect the role of parents as the primary educators of their children.
- We believe that the school is a complement and fulfilment of the education begun at home.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Western Association of Schools and Colleges (WASC)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||279 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 43%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||31:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||34 students|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Feb. 28 / rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- TorranceGrades: PK-8 | 452 students
3846 Redondo Beach Blvd
Torrance, CA 90504
- TorranceGrades: K-8 | 240 students
2371 W Carson St
Torrance, CA 90501
- Palos Verdes PeninsulaGrades: K-8 | 416 students
26444 Crenshaw Blvd
Palos Verdes Peninsula, CA 90274
- AnaheimGrades: 9-12 | 126 students
2323 W Broadway
Anaheim, CA 92804
- TorranceGrades: K-8 | 183 students
4400 Del Amo Blvd
Torrance, CA 90503
January 19, 2018
Depending on their family circumstances, our Presidents received a wide range of primary and secondary schooling.
January 19, 2018
A fascinating look at where our first Presidents went to school.
January 18, 2018
From time to time we all wonder how things might have turned out if circumstances and situations had been different. We apply that questioning to private schools.