St. James Seton School
St. James/Seton Catholic School has provided quality Catholic education in Omaha, NE since 1965.
Our school system educates about 700 students each year in a value based, Christ-centered environment.
SJS promotes faith formation, academic excellence and service learning experiences for all students.
At St. James/Seton Catholic School, students celebrate their Catholic faith as an integral part of our school environment.
We foster a Catholic culture dedicated to the following commitments: ' Catholic Christian dedication to faith formation ' High expectations for students and faculty ' Challenging and stimulating curriculum ' Preparing students for success in adult life ' Inclusive and nurturing environment ' Caring, passionate and welcoming staff and students.
- Top Ranked NE School
- Grades: Prekindergarten-8
- Students: 546 students
- Application Deadline: None / Rolling
School Membership(s)School Assoc.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 17%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
None / Rolling
- Saint James/Seton School is committed to providing a safe and nurturing learning environment in which our students can receive a quality, faith-filled Catholic education. In partnership with the Christian family community, we aim to develop each student's full academic potential and strive to teach the Gospel message in order to share it with the world. All that the school provides is meant to complement the efforts of parents in providing similar faith development experiences at home. When both the family and the school community make continuous efforts to assist students in the formation of their faith, students grow in and become committed to their faith. The Church is strengthened in its mission of proclaiming the Gospel. We ask that you continue your efforts in faith development and continue to model for your children the discipleship of Christ. Your own commitment to prayer, to the Eucharistic liturgy, to the Sacrament of Reconciliation, to service of others, and to compassion and assistance to those in need, will form your children in practices that will enable them to deepen their relationship with God. St. James/Seton School's mission is to provide the best Christ-centered education possible for each child. In order to accomplish this, there must be a concentrated, cooperative effort between the parent(s) and the school. The school's curriculum guides students in their expected knowledge and skill development. Teachers provide instructional experiences and guidance to assist students in mastering the material. Teachers also know that diligence and self-discipline are essential to academic success and the full realization of each student's potential. They expect diligence and self-discipline on the part of each student. Parents who expect diligence and self-discipline of their children, who require development of good study habits, well-done assignments, and supplementary reading, greatly enhance their children's academic achievement. We ask that you continue to expect from your children these high standards. Together, we can best prepare them for, not only the world they face, but the world they live in now.
Endorse St. James Seton School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
Books Set In Private Schools
Enjoy a range of subject matter from recollections to murder mysteries, all set in private schools here at home and abroad.
Keep Ransomware Out of Your School
Small organizations like private schools are just as vulnerable to ransomware attacks as large organizations are. Here's how to deal with ransomware in your school.
Endow A Teaching Position
Endowing a teaching position accomplishes many things for the private school that gave you the foundation for your adult life.