- Since 1907, St. John Berchmans has been a pillar of faith in the Chicago near north neighborhood of Logan Square.
- We boast a long tradition of academic excellence and spiritual guidance.
- We have created an environment that encourages the learning potential of each student through a well rounded curriculum including music, art, technology, physical education, special reading, and math classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Rainbows, Student Leadership, Yearbook Choir, Rainbows, Yearbook, Student Leadership,
- Brand new state of the art computer lab Brand new secure courtyard area playground Outdoor classroom designed by the Chicago Botanic Gardens Full and Half day Pre-K Air conditioned classrooms
People that viewed St John Berchmans School also viewed these schools: Chicago Grammar School, Saint Agatha Catholic Academy, British International School of Chicago, Lincoln Park, St Jerome School and Bridgeport Catholic - S Campus.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 80 students
900 N Franklin St Ste 104
Chicago, IL 60610
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 82 students
3151 W Douglas Blvd
Chicago, IL 60623
ChicagoGrades: NS-5 | 521 students
814 W. Eastman Street
Chicago, IL 60642
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 184 students
2801 S Princeton Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 288 students
3700 S Lowe Ave
Chicago, IL 60609
May 26, 2017
When you apply for a position at a private school, you need to use a slightly different approach than you would use if you were applying for a sales job somewhere.
May 25, 2017
The admissions essay is an important part of your child's admissions profile. Noodle Pros essay expert Kate Fisher offers some valuable tips about writing the admissions essay.
May 25, 2017
Myths, urban legends and just plain misinformation abound concerning private schools. We shed some light on the facts you may not have known.