St John Berchmans School
- Since 1907, St. John Berchmans has been a pillar of faith in the Chicago near north neighborhood of Logan Square.
- We boast a long tradition of academic excellence and spiritual guidance.
- We have created an environment that encourages the learning potential of each student through a well rounded curriculum including music, art, technology, physical education, special reading, and math classes.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||265 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 31%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Total Sports Offered||3 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Choir, Rainbows, Student Leadership, Yearbook Choir, Rainbows, Yearbook, Student Leadership,|
- Brand new state of the art computer lab Brand new secure courtyard area playground Outdoor classroom designed by the Chicago Botanic Gardens Full and Half day Pre-K Air conditioned classrooms
- People that viewed St John Berchmans School also viewed these schools: Our Lady of Mount Carmel Academy, Chicago Grammar School, Saint Agatha Catholic Academy, British International School of Chicago, Lincoln Park and St Jerome School.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 290 students
720 W. Belmont Avenue
Chicago, IL 60657
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 80 students
900 N Franklin St Ste 104
Chicago, IL 60610
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 82 students
3151 W Douglas Blvd
Chicago, IL 60623
- ChicagoGrades: NS-5 | 521 students
814 W. Eastman Street
Chicago, IL 60642
- ChicagoGrades: PK-8 | 184 students
2801 S Princeton Ave
Chicago, IL 60616
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.