New Life Academy
- Founded in 1973, New Life Academy, a ministry of New Life Covenant, is an urban Pre-K3 thru 8th grade school located in the Humboldt Park/Logan Square communities of Chicago.
- We are committed to rigorous academics while balancing our program with art, music, Spanish, technology and physical education. Maintaining a low teacher-student ratio of 1:20, we have proudly prepared hundreds of youth for acceptance and entrance into Chicago's top-ranked high schools.
- Our faculty have embraced their callings and are dedicated to instilling a Christian worldview and developing servants who both STAND and SPEAK!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Teachers and Schools (ACTS)|
Christian Schools International (CSI)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||99 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||8 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Khaki pants, navy collared polos )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,500|
|Tuition Notes||Multiple child discount available|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Associate||Olga Contreras|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||7 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Baking, Chess, Story Writing, Wacky Science
Arts and Music Programs:
Arts & Crafts, Knitting, Violin
- New Life Academy provides a quality education from a Christian perspective, equipping students to become leaders to serve God and family, and to positively impact their community and the world. New Life Academy is committed to providing sudents with a comprehensive, Bible-based, and pre-college preparatory educational program of uncompromising quality within a stimulating and nurturing environment. From our weekly art, spanish, dance, and music classes to our advanced mathematics courses, NLA is providing our students with an education that develops the Christian mind, nurtures the soul, and shapes the characterfor today and the future. Graduates of Salem Christian School have attended Whitney Young, Walter Payton, Lane Tech, Northside College Prep, Gordon Tech, Lincoln Park Honors, Chicago Hope Academy, and a variety of public schools.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Chicago Grades: 10-12 | 146 students
3121 N Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60641
(773)252-0970 1.9 10-12
- Chicago Grades: PK-8 | 170 students
1240 S Pulaski Rd
Chicago, IL 60623
(773)542-0663 3.9 PK-8
Private school tuition seems to go nowhere but up. We look at some of the reasons why and offer the opinion that a private school education is still good value.
It seems to be highly likely that the COVID-19 virus will spread to the United States. We look at step schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
This article aggregates all the articles I have written about running a small private school. Use it as a handbook and a reminder of things you should look at from time to time.