St John Catholic School
Tel: (785) 843-9511
- St. John School was the first Catholic elementary school in the city of Lawrence.
- The school opened on September 6, 1956 as a parish school for children attending St. John the Evangelist Catholic Church.
- St. John Catholic School serves a very diverse Preschool-8th grade population in Lawrence, KS.
- Children attending St. John will have the opportunity to learn the standard subjects and additionally receive an excellent education in Art, Music, Foreign Languages, and Technology beginning in preschool.
- The school is a 501 not for profit organization for the benefit of children attending St. John School.
- Offering a Catholic education for grades preschool-8th, the school opened under the leadership of Sister Owen Marie Falk, Principal, Sister of Charity of Leavenworth and is now headed by Mrs. Pat Newton.
- St. John School is accredited through the North Central Association and the State of Kansas. All teachers and administration are state certified teachers.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||356 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 24%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||16 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||22:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(St. John shirt, polo shirt, pants, shorts, skirts )
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,400|
|Admissions Director||Samantha Romero|
|Endowment Size||$1 million|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cross Country, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cross Country,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
- St. John School provides a strong academic environment, multiple opportunities for student involvement, strong spiritual and moral development, various leadership experiences, and a strong and supportive community.
- St. John School leads the way in academics, and we are proud to be a learning institution based on Gospel principles as handed down by our Catholic tradition. We are committed to the total education of each child and recognize that individual learning styles are important to the success of each student.
- Through the use of remediation, enrichment, and the utilization of technology, St. John School leads the way in teaching methods and gives each student a supportive learning environment. The curriculum meets the requirements of the State of Kansas and the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas.
- "All are welcome" is not just a phrase that we say; it is something that we live by each and every day. YOU are welcome at St. John School, and we can`t wait for you to join our family!"
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ottawa Grades: NS-12 | 21 students
3755 Nevada Rd
Ottawa, KS 66067
(785) 242-1226 21.2 NS-12
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.