St. Scholastica HSC Academy
5.00 (2 reviews)
St. Scholastica HSC Academy Photo #2 - Students spend lots of time at the chalk boards, white boards, and smartboards as they learn.
St. Scholastica HSC Academy Photo #4 - Curriculum at St. Scholastica HSC Academy is rigorous and challenging without being overwhelming.
- St. Scholastica HSC Academy does not use Common Core Curriculum, but makes use of time- tested teaching methods that ensure the pupils are educated. Our pupils' test scores are much higher than public and other private schools.At St. Scholastica HSC Academy we offer small class sizes taught with multi-levels in each classroom. Pupils are placed in the level that will best challenge, yet not overwhelm them.
St. Scholastica HSC Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Total Students||38 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||6 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||8 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
(Uniform jumpers/skirts for girls and Uniform slacks for boys.)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,000|
|Tuition Notes||Cost varies with Levels. Financial aid may be available. Please see school website for more information.|
National avg.: 85%
- We are a Catholic based co-ed school whose goal is the formation of the whole person - mind, body, and soul - to help transform the world. We seek to train the pupil's memory, understanding, and will, so that the pupil can speak, write, and act well in life, for the greater glory of God. This is accomplished through self-activity, mastery of progressively more difficult material, formation of the will through conscientious application of study habits, and an emphasis throughout on developing the ability to learn, to think, and to communicate.
- We offer PreK through 12th grade in multi-level classrooms.
- We do not use Common Core and allow no bullying in our school. St. Scholastica specializes in bringing students up to grade level. Many students who come to our school were formerly in public or home school.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Cambridge Grades: PK-12
2211 Old Main Street South
Cambridge, MN 55008
(763)689-3806 4.3 PK-12
- Saint Francis Grades: NS-8 | 111 students
3812 229th Ave NW
Saint Francis, MN 55070
(763)753-1234 9 NS-8
St. Scholastica HSC Academy has been a turning point in my life. It is the hinge that made my life what it is now. I wouldn`t trade my six years at St. Scholastica`s for anything. It has given me the knowledge, wisdom, and understanding that I can use for the rest of the life.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Marie S.
One of the best things about St. Scholastica Academy is the friends that I made there. Even though I only went to school there for two years, I have lifelong friends that I`m still in contact with thirteen years later.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Anthony D.
We have spent tens of billions on educational technology since the 1990s. Has all this spending improved educational outcomes?
Use this five-point checklist to keep your search for private schools organized.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.