St. Croix Catholic School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (651) 439-5581
At St. Croix Catholic, when we open the door to welcome a new student, we see a beautiful, unique life that has been Created for Greatness. We believe that God has a specific purpose for this person and it`s our mission, in partnership with parents, to develop this child into the virtuous, faith-filled leader God intended. St. Croix Catholic offers a strong liberal arts education, coupled with opportunities to develop 21st century skills.
This beautiful balance prompts students to focus on challenges relevant to the human race, and to be the compassionate, confident, Christ-centered leaders our world so badly needs. Located in historic Stillwater, St. Croix Catholic School educates children from preK through grade 8, and attracts families throughout the St. Croix Valley, from the east metro, and into western WI. To schedule a personalized tour, please call Diane Polley at 651.439.5581.
St. Croix Catholic School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
- Student Body Largest student body
- School History Oldest founding date
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other Montessori association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||We support many learning styles through collaboration with District 834 as well as our own Special Services Coordinator.|
|Total Students||311 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||25 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||Mar. 25 / rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$4,895|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition assistance offered|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Christy Eberhardt|
|Admissions Associate||Christy Eberhardt|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Archery, Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Swimming, VolleyballArchery, Baseball,|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Band, First Lego League, Orchestra, Yearbook|
- Dear Friends,
- Welcome to Saint Croix Catholic School!
- Since 1856, thousands of young people from Stillwater and beyond have been educated in a tradition of academic excellence within a vibrant Catholic community. As a school staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Benedictine nuns from St. Joseph, MN, and recently staffed since 2002 by the Nashville Dominicans, we have the privilege of nurturing the complementary charisms of two great saints, St. Benedict and St. Dominic. The result is a balanced and dynamic environment where faith and culture meet.
- Our strong academic program happens within a rich community life anchored in the person of Jesus Christ. Religion is not simply a class that fits in a specific time frame; rather, it is the reason we exist and the catalyst for everything we do.
- Yet what is the "difference" that draws young families to entrust their children to our care Our graduates demonstrate a proven track record of success in high school, college and in future careers. They are confident, poised young men and women who can hold their own in any situation. The difference is not the product, but the preparation. The difference is the Catholic difference- an strong integration of faith and reason, respecting the needs of each child at each stage of development in their young lives.
- At Saint Croix Catholic, our mission is threefold: to inform by sharing knowledge with students across the disciplines, to form character by helping each student grow to Christian maturity, and to transform the world by calling every student to holiness and equipping him/her with the tools to put faith into action. A Saint Croix Catholic student graduates with an education in which he/she can give to our often fragmented culture a great gift, that of an integral education of the human person where Christ is the foundation and the model.
- We are grateful for this gift of Saint Croix Catholic School that has been nourished by the generations of teachers, students, and parents who have gone before us. At the foot of the Holy Cross, for which our school takes its name, we pray that we, like our students, "may always be ready to give a reason for our hope" (1 Pt 3:15) before the world.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Hastings Grades: K-8 | 103 students
11125 W Point Douglas Rd S
Hastings, MN 55033
(651) 493-7526 18.9 K-8
- Saint Paul Grades: PK-8 | 563 students
4125 Woodbury Dr
Saint Paul, MN 55129
(651) 768-3000 12.1 PK-8
Amazing place with countless opportunities.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - E
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
A parent and I chat about finding the best school for her daughter. While the parent may be fictitious, her questions are quite typical of the kind of questions and concerns parents have when thinking about sending their children to private school.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.