St. Croix Catholic School
At St. Croix Catholic, when we open the door to welcome a new student, we see a beautiful, unique life that has been Created for Greatness. We believe that God has a specific purpose for this person and it`s our mission, in partnership with parents, to develop this child into the virtuous, faith-filled leader God intended. St. Croix Catholic offers a strong liberal arts education, coupled with opportunities to develop 21st century skills.
This beautiful balance prompts students to focus on challenges relevant to the human race, and to be the compassionate, confident, Christ-centered leaders our world so badly needs. Located in historic Stillwater, St. Croix Catholic School educates children from preK through grade 8, and attracts families throughout the St. Croix Valley, from the east metro, and into western WI. To schedule a personalized tour, please call Diane Polley at 651.439.5581.
- Top Ranked MN School
- Grades: Nursery/Preschool-8
- Students: 311 students
- Yearly Tuition: $4,895
- Acceptance rate: 99%
- Average class size: 25 students
- Application Deadline: Mar. 25 / rolling
Learning Difference Programs
Learning Programs Supported
We support many learning styles through collaboration with District 834 as well as our own Special Services Coordinator.
Student Body Type
% Students of Color
State avg.: 23%
Students by Grade
Academics and Faculty
Total Classroom Teachers
Student : Teacher Ratio
National avg.: 13:1
% Faculty w/Advanced Degree
Average Class Size
List of Courses Offered
Tuition and Acceptance Rate
Mar. 25 / rolling
Yearly Tuition Cost
Tuition assistance offered
National avg.: 85%
Total Sports Offered
Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.
Band, First Lego League, Orchestra, Yearbook
- Dear Friends,
- Welcome to Saint Croix Catholic School!
- Since 1856, thousands of young people from Stillwater and beyond have been educated in a tradition of academic excellence within a vibrant Catholic community. As a school staffed by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Carondelet, the Benedictine nuns from St. Joseph, MN, and recently staffed since 2002 by the Nashville Dominicans, we have the privilege of nurturing the complementary charisms of two great saints, St. Benedict and St. Dominic. The result is a balanced and dynamic environment where faith and culture meet.
- Our strong academic program happens within a rich community life anchored in the person of Jesus Christ. Religion is not simply a class that fits in a specific time frame; rather, it is the reason we exist and the catalyst for everything we do.
- Yet what is the "difference" that draws young families to entrust their children to our care Our graduates demonstrate a proven track record of success in high school, college and in future careers. They are confident, poised young men and women who can hold their own in any situation. The difference is not the product, but the preparation. The difference is the Catholic difference- an strong integration of faith and reason, respecting the needs of each child at each stage of development in their young lives.
- At Saint Croix Catholic, our mission is threefold: to inform by sharing knowledge with students across the disciplines, to form character by helping each student grow to Christian maturity, and to transform the world by calling every student to holiness and equipping him/her with the tools to put faith into action. A Saint Croix Catholic student graduates with an education in which he/she can give to our often fragmented culture a great gift, that of an integral education of the human person where Christ is the foundation and the model.
- We are grateful for this gift of Saint Croix Catholic School that has been nourished by the generations of teachers, students, and parents who have gone before us. At the foot of the Holy Cross, for which our school takes its name, we pray that we, like our students, "may always be ready to give a reason for our hope" (1 Pt 3:15) before the world.
Amazing place with countless opportunities.
Endorse St. Croix Catholic School. Endorsements should be a few sentences in length. Please include any comments on:
- Quality of academic programs, teachers, and facilities
- Availability of music, art, sports and other extracurricular activities
- Academic or athletic awards
How Exposed Is Your School?
There's much more to running a small private school than offering great academics and teaching. Be sure to check under the hood regularly to make sure everything keeps running smoothly.
Teen Travel In Uncertain Times
Most adults find traveling more complicated and challenging that it was pre-pandemic. We offer some suggestions for safe teen travel in these uncertain times.
Using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest to Promote Your School
Social media is an effective marketing tool for your school. Here are some suggestions for using Facebook, YouTube and Pinterest.