St Andrews Lutheran School
- St. Andrew's Lutheran Church was established in St. Paul Park shortly after the Second World War.
- Ten years after the church was founded, a full-time Christian Day School began operating.
- Ever since, St. Andrew's Lutheran School has been teaching young minds for tomorrow's world and preparing young hearts for God's kingdom.
- Our long tradition of academic excellence is rooted in the Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod (WELS) School system, the fourth largest parochial school system in the country.
- Our school provides a setting where the words of the Lord are taught and applied daily and a caring Christian staff helps children to grow academically and spiritually.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other religious school association(s)|
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-6|
|Total Students||37 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual
(No sleeveless tops, no torn pants)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Pre-K Tuition is $1100/year. All day Kindergarten - 8th tuition is $3000/year. Tuition assistance is available.|
|Total Sports Offered||5 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBasketball, Cheering,
Softball, Track and Field,
- With over 50 years of educating children, St. Andrew's Lutheran School has consistently provided an excellent educational program from Pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade. Our students receive a sound secular education in a Christian setting. Our low student to teacher ratio means that your child will get the attention he or she deserves from a qualified, professional teacher. Our students consistently out-perform public school students on national standardized tests. Our curriculum provides everything that is required by the public school system and more. Our goal is to prepare our students for this life as well as the life to come. Academics are at the heart of our school. Bible study, devotions and prayer are its soul. To accomplish this, the following courses are taught at St. Andrew's.
- Religion: Old and New Testament, Bible teachings, Catechism, and Confirmation instruction.
- Computer Skills: Word Processing, Desk-Top Publishing, Informational Use and Tutorial.
- Language Arts: Reading, Phonics, Whole Language, Grammar, Penmanship, Creative Writing, Spelling, English and Literature.
- Science: General Science, Physics, Earth Science, Biology and Health.
- Math: Basic Arithmetic up through Algebra I, based on demonstrated ability.
- Social Studies: Geography, Family and Community Studies, U.S. History and Citizenship, World History and Culture, Minnesota History and Current Events.
- Fine Arts: Music, music theory, choral singing, and art.
- Physical Education: Team and individual sports and physical fitness.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Saint Paul ParkGrades: PK-12 | 94 students
920 Holley Ave Ste 2
Saint Paul Park, MN 55071
Saint PaulGrades: PK-12 | 161 students
355 Marshall Avenue
Saint Paul, MN 55102
WoodburyGrades: PK-12 | 727 students
6758 Bailey Road
Woodbury, MN 55129
HastingsGrades: K-8 | 133 students
11125 W Point Douglas Rd S
Hastings, MN 55033
Cottage GroveGrades: NS-PK | 10 students
7483 Isleton Ave S
Cottage Grove, MN 55016
July 20, 2017
July 12, 2017
Here are five facts about Montessori schools to bear in mind when exploring preschools and primary schools for your child.
July 12, 2017
What are the advantages and/or disadvantages of a for profit versus a not for profit school? Is one kind of school better than the other?