Cambridge Christian School
Tel: (763) 689-3806
- Serving PK-12, Cambridge Christian School believes the most important thing one generation can do is equip the next generation to glorify God. To reach that end, the school focuses on four areas in equipping the next generation. CCS disciples students in learning how to follow Christ. CCS teaches students to know and understand things they need to know and understand. CCS mentors students by serving as guiding friends and advisors. CCS coaches students to successfully apply what they know. In short, what makes Cambridge Christian School different is that they make education personal. The school builds meaningful relationships, involves parents, has a purposeful and relevant curriculum, promotes learning outside of the traditional classroom, and cultivates a Christ-like citizenship. Cambridge Christian School consistently strives for excellence in all aspects of a child`s education.
Cambridge Christian School places among the top 20% of private schools in Minnesota for:
- Category Attribute
- Acceptance Rate Lowest average acceptance rates
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||25 teachers|
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||20 students|
|Average ACT score||26|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$5,000|
|Tuition Notes||CCS has an aggressive needs-based financial aid program.|
|% on Financial Aid|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Sarah Morrison - Director|
|Admissions Associate||Marianne Santele|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Alpine Skiing, Basketball, Bowling, Cross Country, Riflery, Soccer, VolleyballAlpine Skiing, Basketball,|
Bowling, Cross Country,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||11 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
DC Trip, Destination Imagination, Missions Trip, Newsletter, Science Fair, Speech Meet, Student Council, Winter Camping Trip, Yearbook
Arts and Music Programs:
Drama, Worship Team
- Dr Jeff Myers states that now is the most pivotal time in history to recognize the importance of passing Godly values to the next generation. Parents won`t be able to pass on their faith or their values, or even protect their kids from the culture, unless they make the relational connections, loving bonds and attachments that the children so desperately want and need. Cambridge Christian School strives to make those connections and bonds on a daily basis whether it`s in the classroom, in the hallway, or in extracurricular activities. Cambridge Christian School takes the education of each child seriously and endeavors to partner with parents in preparing each student to fulfill the wondrous future God has in store for them. Essentially, we believe at we are mentoring tomorrow`s Christian leaders today. Cambridge Christian School is designed to partner with parents in educating their children within a Christian worldview. This has been the consistent mission of CCS throughout the school`s history. Our mission statement states that we exist "to partner with parents to prepare students academically, relationally, and spiritually to live out God's plan for their lives."
- What makes Christian School so unique is that we make education personal. We build meaningful relationships, involve parents, have a purposeful and relevant curriculum, promote learning outside of the traditional classroom, and cultivate a Christ-like citizenship.
- Cambridge Christian School consistently strives for excellence in all aspects of a child`s education.Cambridge Christian School serves the whole family from Pre-kindergarten through twelfth grade. The Early Education Center provides a Four-Star rated, certified preschool and licensed daycare throughout the day. The kindergarten through twelfth grade program provides academic, athletic and fine arts offerings as well as active community service options throughout the school year.
- Cambridge Christian School houses all its preK-12 programs on one campus. Older students enjoy working with the younger students in many different ways including reading groups, tutoring sessions, and small-group breakout sessions in chapel. The elementary students benefit from the experience and knowledge of the secondary students. The older students also discover the importance of their leadership and mentoring roles since their actions and interactions are observed and mimicked by the younger students.
- Students at Cambridge Christian School have all have access to the technology needed to succeed in today's educational environments. The high school students each have an assigned Chromebook that is dedicated for their learning. Junior high students likewise have Chromebooks set aside for their use during the school day. Several Chromebook carts are available for use in the elementary curriculum.
- Cambridge Christian School has also demonstrated positive results through its Online Academy. The CCS Online Academy was created to offer a flexible way to meet the diverse scheduling needs of high school students. The world is changing and the educational environment needs to stay relevant and effective amongst this perpetual change. Students currently in college are finding that experience with online learning helps prepare them for higher education. Whether it is accessing materials in the libraries, managing the scheduling process, taking exams or prerequisite courses, nearly every student is expected to handle the online environment. CCS aims to teach students discretion on how to operate in this technological age.
- Cambridge Christian School has partnered with the University of Northwestern-St. Paul to offer Post Secondary Education Options (PSEO) for its junior and senior students. Students are able to select several courses that provide both high school and college credit undet this system. Many of CCS' graduates leave high school with their first year of college complete.
- Cambridge Christian School also offers a program for juniors and seniors to receive an Associate of Arts and Bible Degree through the University of Northwestern-St. Paul. This program is more comprehensive than PSEO, but students will graduate with both a high school diploma and a college degree.
- Few decisions will have as lasting an impact on the life of a child as the choice of his or her school. Cambridge Christian School believes that God has a wonderful plan for each child. It is the school`s goal to help students find their strengths and develop the intellectual, emotional, social, physical and spiritual health to accomplish whatever road is set before them. As faculty and staff, we truly believe that each child is a unique, one-of-a-kind, unrepeatable, never-to-be-seen-again, created-in-the-image-of-God, MIRACLE.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Andover Grades: NS-12 | 466 students
3037 Bunker Lake Blvd NW
Andover, MN 55304
(763) 427-4595 23.5 NS-12
- Minneapolis Grades: PK-8 | 77 students
7700 Monroe Street Ne
Minneapolis, MN 55432
(763) 786-1755 30.5 PK-8
- Saint Francis Grades: NS-8 | 111 students
3812 229th Ave NW
Saint Francis, MN 55070
(763) 753-1234 13.2 NS-8
- Stacy Grades: PK-K | 27 students
31075 Genesis Ave
Stacy, MN 55079
(651) 462-5115 12 PK-K
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.