St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (630) 324-6814
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #2 - Puppets are a great way to practice oral language while engaging in creative dramatics.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #3 - Our Little Lambs Library helps to nurture early literacy skills. Teachers select books to read aloud and students peruse books independently to develop their book sense and print awareness.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #4 - Weekly object lessons in the church teach the children about God's great love for them and others. Parents are invited to attend one week each month. In addition, children enjoy a daily Jesus time in class.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #5 - Science experiments help children discover more about the world around them. They encourage observation and the explanation of why something happened.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #6 - Our fenced playground provides an opportunity for outdoor play as the weather permits. There are lots of equipment options to help develop large motor skills.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #7 - Art and craft projects using mixed mediums develop fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination. They are especially enjoyable when glitter is involved!
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #8 - Preschoolers learn best when they use their ears, eyes, and hands.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #9 - Manipulatives help children learn math concepts and operations. Here dominoes are being used for that purpose.
Since 1969, our mission has been to connect with families to provide young children a Christ-centered education that nurtures a lifelong love of God, others, and learning.
Your child is a precious gift from God. We believe that every child should be seen, heard, and appreciated for the unique individual God created them to be.
We solely focus on children aged two through four. We specialize just in them!
Our DCFS-licensed facility has safe, COVID-19 compliant, inviting, and engaging classrooms and spacious fully equipped outdoor/indoor play areas.
We have an outstanding staff of well-educated, state-qualified, experienced, and caring professionals.
Flexibility within our half-day program allows us to better meet the individual needs of each child and their family. Children can attend two, three, or five days per week.
Our curriculum emphasizes foundational social-emotional, cognitive, language and literacy, physical and health, and spiritual development using best practice. It is aligned to the Illinois learning standards so your child will be ready for kindergarten.
Before and after school extended care with STEM, art, and language activities for those wanting additional supervision and/or supplemental enrichment learning is available.
We host on-site extracurricular activities like soccer, tennis, and gymnastics sponsored by outside agencies.
We value each child's family, language, and culture and view them as a partner in their child`s education. It is our belief that a strong home-school connection enhances a child's learning.
- Preschool Registration Is Now Open for 2021-2022 - 03/13/2021 - St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center (ELC) in Darien looks forward to connecting with families of young children!
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$130|
|Total Students||40 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||14 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$2,565|
|Tuition Notes||The above is an average. Tuition varies depending on days per week program selected and if before and/or after school extended care option is needed. We offer multiple-child discounts. A non-refundable registration fee of $150 is due with each application prior to its processing and enrollment being finalized.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Soccer Shots of South DuPage County, Tennis Titans, Tumblebear Gymnastics
- Our curriculum is aligned with the Illinois State Early Childhood Learning Standards, Benchmarks, and Goals and with the Illinois State Kindergarten Individual Development Survey (KIDS) so that your child is prepared for kindergarten. Activities that are age-appropriate and build on previous learning ensure that skills needed to be successful in school, such as initiative, curiosity, creativity, attentiveness, cooperation, perseverance, self-regulation, self-help, independence, negotiation, and adaptation, are nurtured.
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Young children need socialization as well as academic stimulation. Engaging in purposeful, structured play helps them learn how to positively interact with peers and adults and how to process their feelings in acceptable ways. It also develops their oral language, creative arts expression, and love of learning.
- COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT: The use of integrated thematic units allow children to develop science and social studies knowledge and skills by exploring family, community, events, people, and the natural/physical world. Children discover number concepts, relationships, and operations; geometry; patterns; sets; categories; and measurement in math. Activities occur in a variety of group settings and are multi-sensory in nature. Books are read aloud to develop print awareness and story sense. Phonological awareness and the recognition of letters, sounds, and words are introduced as well as shapes and colors. Pre-math skills are developed.
- LANGUAGE & LITERACY DEVELOPMENT: Books are read aloud so children develop story sense, vocabulary, and reading appreciation. Children learn the letters and sounds of our language, print concepts and conventions, and early writing/composing skills.
- PHYSICAL & HEALTH DEVELOPMENT: Children learn how to take care of their body through good hygiene and to make healthy, safe choices. Large muscle and fine motor skills, eye-hand coordination, and physical control are practiced daily.
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT: One additional benefit of the ELC is that your child learns about God and His love for us. A daily Bible lesson is taught. Once a week the children go into church for a devotion led by Pastor.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
The nearest high school to St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center is Marquette Manor Baptist Academy (1.7 miles away)
The nearest elementary school is Kingswood Academy (1.3 miles away)
The nearest preschool is Abc Land Preschool (0.6 miles away)
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Darien Grades: NS-PK | 56 students
1321 Plainfield Rd
Darien, IL 60561
(630) 971-3870 0.6 NS-PK
- Darien Grades: NS-PK | 5 students
7906 Cass Ave
Darien, IL 60561
(630) 964-9094 0.8 NS-PK
- Westmont Grades: PK-K | 33 students
6551 S Cass Ave Ste B
Westmont, IL 60559
(630) 961-3950 0.8 PK-K
- Westmont Grades: NS-K | 17 students
6351 S Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
(630) 493-1233 1.1 NS-K
- Darien Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
133 Plainfield Road
Darien, IL 60561
(630) 887-1411 1.3 PK-8
My daughter had attended a different area preschool and we had planned for our son to attend the same, but after his experience at St. John ELC, we chose to have him stay for all of his preschool years. In conversations with friends and neighbors, I have never met a person who has not commented that St. John ELC has always had one of the best preschool programs around. It is a unique program because it is a stand alone, faith-based preschool, so it has the advantage of doing preschool only and doing it well.
- Posted by Parent - lwmle
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center is a safe, nurturing, enjoyable preschool for children. My child LOVES school and is confident and comfortable there. Hearing my child talk about the teachers and about what he is learning in school warms my heart. I feel my child has grown academically, spiritually, and socially. The staff is sincerely interested in each child's family. I like that I can get immediate feedback if I have a question or concern about my child's development. The on-site enrichment classes are convenient because I do not have to drive my child somewhere else to benefit from them. I'm so thankful that St. John ELC is part of shaping my child into the person he will become.
- Posted by Parent - linki
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.