Monthly chapel devotions teach the children about God's great love for them and others. Parents are invited to attend.
- Our state licensed teaching staff in our DCFS licensed facility provides a safe and Christ-centered environment for quality foundational learning.
- All of our teachers enjoy working with children. We treat children with care and respect.
- We value what children have to say and the many questions that they ask.
- Our school follows the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards. Our daily schedule includes time for worship, age-appropriate academic learning, arts and crafts, music, developmental centers, playtime, story time, gross motor and outdoor play.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Total Students||30 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 31%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||8:1
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree||
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Dr. Nancy Chibe|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||2 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Soccer Shots South DuPage County, Tumble Bear Gymnastics Soccer Shots South DuPage County,
Tumble Bear Gymnastics,
- Our engaging standard-based curriculum focuses on communication skills and expressive arts, wellness, and discovery. Learning expectations are aligned with public school entrance benchmarks.
- Learning about God and His love for us is embedded throughout the day and during Jesus time when Bible stories and songs are shared. Service projects are done to help children nurture the sharing of Jesus' love with others.
- The daily schedule includes a blend of teacher-directed lessons and child-initiated hands-on, sensory exploration in independent, small group, and large group settings which help children develop positive relationships with peers and adults.
- A variety of activities such as story time, art projects, music, and creative play occur daily. Occasional field trips extend learning as do our optional on-site afternoon enrichment classes and summer camps.
- Children learn how to take care of their body through good hygiene and healthy, safe choices. Nutritious snacks and lunches are served. Exercising large muscle groups and developing upper and lower body skills happen in our large indoor play area and outdoor fenced playground.
- While our school is part of the largest Protestant school system in the United States operated by The Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod (LCMS), you do not have to be Lutheran or a church member to enroll your child. We are here to serve all children and their families by providing flexible and excellent Christ-centered education at reasonable and competitive rates.
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
DarienGrades: PK-KG | 36 students
7516 S Cass Ave
Darien, IL 60561
DarienGrades: NS-PK | 53 students
1321 Plainfield Rd
Darien, IL 60561
DarienGrades: NS-PK | 5 students
7906 South Cass Ave.
Darien, IL 60561
WestmontGrades: NS-K | 17 students
6351 S Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
DarienGrades: PK-8 | 135 students
133 Plainfield Road
Darien, IL 60561
My daughter had attended a different area preschool and we had planned for our son to attend the same, but after his experience at St. John ELC, we chose to have him stay for all of his preschool years. In conversations with friends and neighbors, I have never met a person who has not commented that St. John ELC has always had one of the best preschool programs around. It is a unique program because it is a stand alone, faith-based preschool, so it has the advantage of doing preschool only and doing it well.
- Posted by Parent - lwmle
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center is a safe, nurturing, enjoyable preschool for children. My child LOVES school and is confident and comfortable there. Hearing my child talk about the teachers and about what he is learning in school warms my heart. I feel my child has grown academically, spiritually, and socially. The staff is sincerely interested in each child's family. I like that I can get immediate feedback if I have a question or concern about my child's development. The on-site enrichment classes are convenient because I do not have to drive my child somewhere else to benefit from them. I'm so thankful that St. John ELC is part of shaping my child into the person he will become.
- Posted by Parent - linki
Nearby Homes for Sale
April 21, 2017
Making your job application easy to read will help your application make the first cut.
April 20, 2017
Private high schools offer strong college counseling programs which are ongoing and fully integrated into the daily activities.
April 19, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.