St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center
5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (630) 324-6582
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #2 - Making a spider web teaches the value of collaborating.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #4 - Puppets are a great way to develop oral language.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #5 - Our Little Lambs Library helps to develop early literacy skills in school and at home.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #6 - Imaginative play is important as this fishing expedition shows.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #7 - Weekly chapel devotions teach the children about God's great love for them and others. Parents are invited to attend one week each month.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #8 - Experimentation helps the children discover more about the world around them.
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center Photo #9 - Our fenced playground provides an opportunity for outdoor play as the weather permits.
- Our state licensed teaching staff in our DCFS licensed facility provides a safe and Christ-centered environment for quality foundational learning.
- All of our teachers enjoy working with children. We treat children with care and respect.
- We value what children have to say and the many questions that they ask.
- Our school follows the Illinois Early Learning and Development Standards.
- Our daily schedule includes time for worship, age-appropriate academic learning, arts and crafts, music, developmental centers, playtime, story time, gross motor and outdoor play.
|School Type||Early Childhood / Day Care|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Association for the Education of Young Children|
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-Prekindergarten|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost||$130|
|Total Students||42 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 32%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||3 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$148|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition varies depending on program and extended care option.|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Recreational Athletic Programs:|
Soccer Shots of South DuPage County, Tennis Titans, Tumblebear Gymnastics
- All of our classes are centered on nurturing and caring for each unique child within a Christian environment of love. Our goal is to provide high quality foundational learning to foster early development of the whole child. Our experienced and degreed teachers hold Illinois teaching licenses. Our center is licensed by DCFS. Flexibility within our programs allows us to better meet the individual needs of each child and their family. We believe that establishing a strong home-school connection is important.
- The Every Illinois Child Ready for Kindergarten Initiative states that "a young child`s learning in areas such as language and literacy, mathematics, and social and emotional learning, and development of skills such as self-regulation, curiosity, creativity, and perseverance can better prepare the child for success in school." For that reason, we use a curriculum which is based on the Illinois Early Learning & Development Standards. This ensures your child is engaging in readiness activities that are age-appropriate and build upon previous learning.
- SOCIAL-EMOTIONAL DEVELOPMENT: Preschoolers need socialization as well as academic stimulation. Each day is comprised of small and large group time and free choice play time. Working in these different settings, children learn how to positively interact with peers and adults and how to process their feelings in acceptable ways.
- COGNITIVE DEVELOPMENT: Our daily schedule includes both structured teacher-directed lessons and time for children to experience, explore, and discover independently. Children learn to express themselves through verbal communication, art, music, and creative play. Books are read aloud to develop print awareness and story sense. Phonological awareness and the recognition of letters, sounds, and words are introduced as well as shapes and colors. Pre-math skills are developed.
- PHYSICAL DEVELOPMENT: Children learn how to take care of their body through good hygiene and to make healthy, safe choices. Nutritious snacks are served. Large motor skill time on either indoor or outdoor equipment occurs daily.
- SPIRITUAL DEVELOPMENT: One additional benefit of the ELC is that your child learns about God and His love for us. Bible themes are integrated into the school day. During Jesus time, Bible stories and songs are shared. Once a week the children go into church for a devotion led by Pastor.
Profile last updated:
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Darien Grades: NS-PK | 56 students
1321 Plainfield Rd
Darien, IL 60561
(630) 971-3870 0.6 NS-PK
- Darien Grades: NS-PK | 5 students
7906 Cass Ave
Darien, IL 60561
(630) 964-9094 0.8 NS-PK
- Westmont Grades: PK-K | 33 students
6551 S Cass Ave Ste B
Westmont, IL 60559
(630) 961-3950 0.8 PK-K
- Westmont Grades: NS-K | 17 students
6351 S Cass Avenue
Westmont, IL 60559
(630) 493-1233 1.1 NS-K
- Darien Grades: PK-8 | 122 students
133 Plainfield Road
Darien, IL 60561
(630) 887-1411 1.3 PK-8
My daughter had attended a different area preschool and we had planned for our son to attend the same, but after his experience at St. John ELC, we chose to have him stay for all of his preschool years. In conversations with friends and neighbors, I have never met a person who has not commented that St. John ELC has always had one of the best preschool programs around. It is a unique program because it is a stand alone, faith-based preschool, so it has the advantage of doing preschool only and doing it well.
- Posted by Parent - lwmle
St. John Lutheran Early Learning Center is a safe, nurturing, enjoyable preschool for children. My child LOVES school and is confident and comfortable there. Hearing my child talk about the teachers and about what he is learning in school warms my heart. I feel my child has grown academically, spiritually, and socially. The staff is sincerely interested in each child's family. I like that I can get immediate feedback if I have a question or concern about my child's development. The on-site enrichment classes are convenient because I do not have to drive my child somewhere else to benefit from them. I'm so thankful that St. John ELC is part of shaping my child into the person he will become.
- Posted by Parent - linki
Nearby Homes for Sale
You will encounter COOP, HSPT and TACHS if you are applying to some Roman Catholic high schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.
The COVID-19 has turned our lives upside down. Sending your children back to school raises all sorts of concerns for their safety and education. We answer some of your questions here.