St John's Evangelical Lutheran School
Tel: (734) 721-4650
- St. Johns provides a Christian education for children from the age of three through the 8th grade.
- Our school has been in continuous operation since 1913, offering children the opportunity to grow in Christian knowledge and in the practical art of Christian living. With our small class size, our teachers are able to give more individualized instruction to the students, especially those who are experiencing difficulty as well as those who are more advanced. Our students demonstrate this advantage, regularly scoring better than one full grade above public school students on standardized tests.
|Religious Affiliation||Wisconsin Evangelical Lutheran Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||75 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||4 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||7 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Softball, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||5 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
Arts and Music Programs:
Choir, Forensics, Handbells, Play performers/stage support
- Mission and Purpose
- Our Lutheran School is maintained by St. John's congregation to serve as an agency to help the parents in the Christian training of their children according to the Scriptural command: "Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it" (Proverbs 22:6), and Christ's own words: "Feed my lambs" (John 21:15).
- We offer....
- + Christian instruction in every subject
- + Character building from a biblical perspective
- + Low tuition rate, member discount and tuition assistance
- + New families receive member rate tuition for their first year
- + Small class size with great individual attention
- + Full Time Kindergarten -- Full Day, Every Day
- + Spanish instruction beginning in Kindergarten
- + Athletics include: Soccer, Volleyball, Floor hockey, Basketball,Cheerleading, Track and Field
- + Handbell and vocal choirs
- + Annual drama productions
- + Field Trips
- + Computer labs
- + Art classes
- + Family activities
- + Charitable programs for the Community
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westland Grades: K-12 | 81 students
34033 Palmer Rd
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 326-3581 0.7 K-12
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.