St Matthew Lutheran School
5.00 (1 review)
Tel: (313) 909-0303
- St. Matthew Lutheran Church has operated a Christian Day School since 1949.
- Over that time we have had the privilege of helping hundreds of families to develop children into strong Christian men and women.
- We believe that each child is a gift from God and that it is our privilege and responsibility to prepare that child to be Christ's ambassador as they work to fulfill their part of the great commission.
- We believe that in addition to spiritual growth, St. Matthew must nurture its children in their academic, physical, emotional, and social development.
- We believe that to offer an effective Christian education, we must partner a quality educational staff with active and supportive parents to achieve common goals.
|Religious Affiliation||Lutheran Church Missouri Synod|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||118 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||9 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, Volleyball, WrestlingBasketball, Cheering,|
Cross Country, Soccer,
Softball, Track and Field,
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Westland Grades: PK-8 | 75 students
2602 S Wayne Rd
Westland, MI 48186
(734) 721-4650 2.8 PK-8
St. Matthew has been the best school in the area for the last 70 years. I find it amazing how small and how low tuition is, and that it turns out the best athletes and bright students year after year. Whether you attend Lutheran Westland or one of the local public high schools, St. Matthew prepares them to be a varsity athlete or the valedictorian/salutatorian. The teachers take time to educate fully and pray for each student. Each teacher may teach in their way, but we have appreciated the teachers immensely. The booster group is a group of parents that love the school and work hard to keep the school growing. The direction the school is going is only positive and amazing. Although there will always be some parents who whine or complain. Usually unfounded, but the school will even listen to a troublemaker to try to make it right. Call the school, visit the school, or talk to the principal. BECOME A RAIDER! RAIDERS NATION!
- Posted by Parent - Involved Parent
As the COVID-19 virus spreads throughout the United States, we look at steps schools and parents can take to protect themselves from this highly contagious virus.
Raising children involves constant attention to their development and progress. Identifying learning disabilities must be part of your plan.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.