Brookfield Academy - Livonia
5.00 (1 review)
- Brookfield Academy's Livonia Campus opened in September of 2009. We are the 5th Brookfield in Michigan with a 45 year long tradition of Montessori education.
- We opened the school with infant, toddler and pre-primary classrooms.
- In the Fall of 2010 we are adding on a Kindergarten-1st grade.
- Over the next few years the campus will include both lower and upper elementary classrooms.
|School Type||Montessori School|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||American Montessori Society (AMS)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-4|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Total Students||71 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 15%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||11 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||6:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Mary Jo Cunningham|
- The Montessori sequence of learning, guided by the child's readiness in all areas of curriculum.
- Carefully designed Montessori environments
- Trained and experienced Montessori teachers
- Ongoing professional development for staff
- Enrichment programs such as foreign language, art, music, physical education, and computers
- Beautiful, safe, and fully licensed indoor and outdoor spaces for children
- Parent education
- Opportunities for parent involvement
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Redford Grades: PK-12 | 110 students
Redford, MI 48239
(313)255-5760 8.4 PK-12
- Livonia Grades: PK-K | 228 students
14200 Newburgh Rd.
Livonia, MI 48154
(734)838-0841 2 PK-K
- West Bloomfield Grades: PK-5 | 97 students
2965 Walnut Lake Road
West Bloomfield, MI 48323
(248)626-6665 14.4 PK-5
- Livonia Grades: PK-K | 72 students
14175 Farmington Rd
Livonia, MI 48154
(734)513-8413 3.3 PK-K
- Livonia Grades: PK-8 | 112 students
9415 Merriman Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
(734)422-6930 3.8 PK-8
After reviewing and visiting several area Montessori programs we selected Brookfield Academy as our school of choice for our children, age 3 and 5. The Principal is a highly educated and experienced individual that lives and breathes the care and education of children. Shortly after enrollment they were able to identify a problem with our 5 year old never caught by earlier programs. The Principal move quickly to confirm and isolate the problem and set up remedial support immediately. Most impressive is how we were kept in the loop each step of the way. Very professional! At the moment both kids are enjoying there summer camp and they will continue with Brookfield Academy and we hope we are able to keep them there through the 5th grade. The campus is gorgeous, and staff are fantastic. I think you may be incorrect about the population of the students. I believe we heard there are now over 70 students and according to the office manager a large number of new enrollments for 2013. A must visit for all parents!
- Posted by Parent - wna10
Most private schools have endowment funds. We explain how these work and why schools are fortunate to have them in tough times.
COVID-19 has turned education at every level upside-down, inside-out. We offer some steps to guide your planning for academic year 2020-21.
Teachers and parents are concerned about the teaching that will take place post-pandemic. I have tried to cover their concerns in the following set of questions and answers.