Plymouth Christian Academy
5.00 (5 reviews)
PCA's main gymnasium where Physical Education classes are held and all junior varsity and varsity games are played. In addition to the main gym, we also have a secondary gym that is used for a variety of purposes, including 5-8th grade sporting events.
- Since 1976, Plymouth Christian Academy, in partnership with parents, has been educating students from a biblical worldview and equipping them for a lifetime of learning, leadership and service. Over alumni are making an impact worldwide in their careers, families and ministries.
- We welcome you to visit our school and find out what it means to be a part of the PCA family!.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Yes|
|Total Students||562 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||47 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||12:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|Number of AP Courses||5 courses|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Advanced Courses||AP Biology, AP Calculus, AP English, AP Government, AP US History|
|Average ACT score||25|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
(Relaxed school uniform for elementary; Casual for secondary)
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Tuition schedule available on website- varies by grade|
|% on Financial Aid|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$1,500|
|Admissions Director||Jenny Middleton|
|Admissions Associate||Peggy Paulson|
|Total Sports Offered||11 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Golf, Soccer, Softball, Tennis, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Tennis, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||14 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Elementary Jump Rope Club, Elementary Robotics Club, Elementary Walking Club, German Club, German Honor Society, High School Book Club, High School Class Officers, High School Robotics Team, National Art Honor Society, National Honor Society, National Spanish Honor Society, Spanish Club, Student Council, The Atoms Family German Club, Spanish Club, Elementary Jump Rope Club,|
Elementary Robotics Club,
Elementary Walking Club,
German Honor Society,
High School Book Club,
High School Class Officers,
High School Robotics Team,
National Art Honor Society,
National Honor Society,
National Spanish Honor Society,
The Atoms Family,
- Plymouth Christian Academy is a nondenominational Christian School located on a beautiful 45 acre campus in Canton, MI. Our program is more than academics, providing a well-rounded education designed to meet the needs of each student. A strong college preparatory program including AP classes, Dual Enrollment, athletics and fine arts are all taught in a nurturing and challenging environment. It is our desire that our students achieve the highest level of knowledge, skill and character development in order to serve God and others. Parents choose PCA for its biblical worldview, academic excellence, and the individual attention each student receives made possible by our small class size.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WestlandGrades: K-12 | 81 students
34033 Palmer Rd
Westland, MI 48186
- NoviGrades: 9-12 | 1025 students
27225 Wixom Road
Novi, MI 48374
- CantonGrades: PK-8 | 560 students
48735 Warren Rd
Canton, MI 48187
- SouthfieldGrades: PK-12 | 605 students
28650 Lahser Road
Southfield, MI 48034
- LivoniaGrades: PK-8 | 121 students
9415 Merriman Rd
Livonia, MI 48150
I now have 2 children attending PCA (this is our 6th year). The teachers are nurturing, passionate and knowledgeable. My children are challenged (in a good way) academically and retain the information they learn. The small class sizes help with individual attention when needed and the teachers are flexible when it comes to different learning styles/needs. There is a lot of parental involvement (it's not required but because of the family feel to the school, people just want to be involved/help out)
- Posted by Parent - chwto
I had a wonderful experience as a student at PCA. The faculty truly cares about students' spiritual and academic well-being. I also deeply value the life-long friendships I was able to form, as well as the education that prepared me to excel at the college level. As a teacher now myself, I can better appreciate how "above and beyond" PCA teachers go for their students.
- Posted by Student/Alumni - kitti
We are so blessed to have Plymouth Christain! We feel our children are excelling in academics and love the focus and attention on each individual student. Every staff member knows every child and is passionate about caring for them and teaching them. It's a wonderful school!!!
- Posted by Parent - Jstre
i've had 3 kids graduate from pca. two more to go! it's been a great school for my family. love the small class sizes - makes so much difference! some people think that if your student attends a small school, it reduces their chances for getting into good colleges. false. i've got a U of M (AA) grad, a Hope College and Liberty Univ grad, and another still in college. really thankful we invested all these years.
- Posted by Parent - votem
My family has been at PCA since 2002 .. my daughter graduated in 2013 .. I have a son who is an 8th grade who is actually a before lifer at PCA (I was pregnant with him when I registered him for preschool) ... we love PCA .. the academics and sports are wonderful .. the teachers love their students and they love what they teach ... the staff is awesome .. they take the time to care about not only your student but you the parents with love and prayers .. it's family kind of school .. we care about your students academics, their sports ability but we want to see them grow in their love for God and His Son Jesus .. for us that is key
- Posted by Parent - brd64
September 05, 2017
If you live outside the United States, choosing an American private school can be a confusing process. Here is an overview of the process.
September 05, 2017
Never lose sight of why you are planning to send your child to private school. This list of ten considerations will help you focus on the things which matter.
September 04, 2017
Use this hub to keep track of the steps in the private schools' admission process.