Ann Arbor Christian School
- Mission: In partnership with Christian families, Ann Arbor Christian School offers Christ-centered, academically excellent education that challenges students to live and act in society as committed followers of Jesus Christ.
- Vision: Our vision is to transform new generations of students who use their minds, hearts, hands, and feet to be culture makers for Jesus Christ.
- Celebrating God`s faithfulness for over 25 years, Ann Arbor Christian School is the fulfillment of a dream shared by many individuals who hear a calling to establish a vibrant and academically strong school rooted in the Good News of Jesus Christ in Ann Arbor, MI. It was founded on the simple but profoundly life-changing fact that to know and love Jesus Christ as their Lord and Savior and the truths that come with that conviction is the greatest gift we can give children.
- In addition, it would be a school that would draw strength and richness from many church traditions and the core beliefs and values that unite us as the Body of Christ.
- At Ann Arbor Christian School, our students learn to see the world through the spectacles of God`s Word and are equipped to live and act in contemporary society as followers of Jesus.
- Because all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge are hidden in Christ (Colossians 2:3), we believe that there are critical differences between the Biblical and secular viewpoints on any given subject.
- It is our purpose to instruct our students as to these differences and to equip them with the tools they need to search out and discover these differences for themselves.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Christian Schools International (CSI)|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||194 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||18 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||18 students|
|List of Courses Offered||Link to List of Courses|
|Matriculation DataMatric. Data||Link to Matriculation Data|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Admissions Director||Wayne Sit|
|Admissions Associate||Cheri Lubbers|
|Total Sports Offered||6 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Soccer, Softball, Track and Field, VolleyballBaseball, Basketball,|
Track and Field, Volleyball,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||4 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Club or Organization:|
First LEGO League, Math & Science Olympiad
Arts and Music Programs:
Recreational Athletic Programs:
Girls on the Run
Since we begin with the basic fact that all truth comes from God
and His Word, Ann Arbor Christian School promotes an education that
intelligently and honestly examines all areas of learning through
the lens of our faith. In our mind, there is absolutely no
contradiction in providing an excellent education with a deep,
unembarrassed faith in Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Bible.
The two go hand and hand.
Therefore, we strive to instill a passion for learning and a desire to know Christ. At Ann Arbor Christian School, we want our students to embrace this attitude. We do this through:
- An innovative curriculum that integrates academic excellence with Christian living and faith. Students learn to apply Biblical principles to all subjects, and to interactions with teachers and peers.
- Teachers and staff who challenge students to develop their God-given intellectual, spiritual, artistic, and physical gifts. Students are encouraged to use their gifts, knowledge of the Scriptures, and the strength of a personal relationship with Jesus Christ to guide future decisions and ethical choices.
- An emphasis on excellence. By incorporating language arts into science and social studies units, teachers help students to develop critical thinking skills across the curriculum. This may be one reason that AACS students test higher than the national average in reading, math, and science.
- Parents who are actively involved in the education of their children.Service and outreach projects that encourage students to become sensitive to others` needs and teach the importance of caring for God`s world.
AACS is accredited through Christian Schools International, which offers curriculum, teacher support, leadership training, testing, and other services to nearly 500 member schools in the United States and abroad.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Ann Arbor Grades: 5-12 | 59 students
111 East Mosley Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734)747-6641 5.5 5-12
- Ann Arbor Grades: K-2 | 28 students
2775 Bedford Rd
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
(734)971-3080 6.6 K-2