- Steppingstone School for Gifted Education is dedicated to providing a superior learning environment for gifted children Young-K (< 5 years) through grade 8.
- For over 25 years we have addressed and supported all areas of a child's development including academic, intellectual, social and emotional.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)
Independent Schools Association of the Central States
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Total Students||21 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color||
State avg.: 18%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||11:1
National avg.: 13:1
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$16,750|
|Tuition Notes||Application Fee, (New Applicants Only) $50.00 Annual Tuition, Full-Time $15,750.00* Annual Tuition, Part-Time $11,800.00* * Tuition must be paid in-full prior to attendance. Information from the Tuition Loan Program or Bank One|
|Admissions Director||Donna Coffin|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Math Pentathalon, Various Afterschool Programs and classes Chess, Math Pentathalon,
Various Afterschool Programs and classes,
- Developed over 25 years, our curriculum provides integrated in-depth studies and enrichment as well as opportunities for students to develop strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Supplementing the basic curriculum, our school also offers fine arts, world languages, discovery science, computer education, and physical fitness. In addition to cognitive and academic needs, gifted children have social and emotional needs that are often overlooked. We squarely address this issue by recognizing that each student is a unique individual. Our teachers combine compassion and understanding with the best instructional techniques, technology and practices. They take into account all aspects of giftedness to help each child reach his or her potential. As a result of their effort, our teaching team provides a creative, highly interactive, cooperative, and individualized environment. For our teachers and staff, teaching gifted children is more than just a profession. It is a calling in which they firmly believe. Our teachers feel they can profoundly and positively impact gifted students, their families and the world. It is estimated that two to five percent of the population is gifted, crossing all ethnic, racial and gender lines. Sadly because of myths and misconceptions, too many educational institutions fail to identify and to develop these children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
Bloomfield HillsGrades: PK-12 | 1661 students
Po Box 801
Bloomfield Hills, MI 48303
FranklinGrades: PK-12 | 1522 students
22305 W Thirteen Mile Road
Franklin, MI 48025
Farmington HillsGrades: KG-8 | 39 students
28555 Middlebelt Rd
Farmington Hills, MI 48334
Has a one-of-a-kind science lab research program for middle school through undergraduate students, using Electron Spin Spectroscopy equipment and data collection and analysis software.
- Posted by Administrator - kiyoa
May 15, 2017
Many famous children have attended private schools. Here is a sampling of schools and the famous folk who graced their hallowed halls.
May 11, 2017
As you narrow the field in your private school search process, you will develop a short list of three to five schools which you will evaluate in detail. Visiting each school is an essential part of your due diligence.
May 11, 2017
Learn more about the Private School Review "Ultimate Admissions Checklist," with top-flight tips from leading minds in education.