5.00 (2 reviews)
Tel: (248) 957-8200
Steppingstone School for Gifted Education is dedicated to providing a superior learning environment for gifted children Young-K (< 5 years) through grade 8.
For over 25 years we have addressed and supported all areas of a child's development including academic, intellectual, social and emotional.
|School Type||School with Special Program Emphasis|
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Other special emphasis association(s)|
Independent Schools Association of the Central States (ISACS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Kindergarten-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Learning Programs Supported||Gifted|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||Costs vary by camp session|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 16%
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||2 teachers|
|Average Class Size||10 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$17,850|
|Tuition Notes||Application Fee, (New Applicants Only) $50.00 Annual Tuition, Full-Time $15,750.00* Annual Tuition, Part-Time $11,800.00** Tuition must be paid in-full prior to attendance. Information from the Tuition Loan Program or Bank One|
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||3 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Chess, Math Pentathalon, Various Afterschool Programs and classes|
- Developed over 25 years, our curriculum provides integrated in-depth studies and enrichment as well as opportunities for students to develop strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Supplementing the basic curriculum, our school also offers fine arts, world languages, discovery science, computer education, and physical fitness. In addition to cognitive and academic needs, gifted children have social and emotional needs that are often overlooked. We squarely address this issue by recognizing that each student is a unique individual. Our teachers combine compassion and understanding with the best instructional techniques, technology and practices. They take into account all aspects of giftedness to help each child reach his or her potential. As a result of their effort, our teaching team provides a creative, highly interactive, cooperative, and individualized environment. For our teachers and staff, teaching gifted children is more than just a profession. It is a calling in which they firmly believe. Our teachers feel they can profoundly and positively impact gifted students, their families and the world. It is estimated that two to five percent of the population is gifted, crossing all ethnic, racial and gender lines. Sadly because of myths and misconceptions, too many educational institutions fail to identify and to develop these children.
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Birmingham Grades: 1-12 | 174 students
1755 E Melton Rd
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 642-1150 17.8 1-12
- Birmingham Grades: PK-8 | 298 students
680 Harmon St
Birmingham, MI 48009
(248) 644-2722 17.4 PK-8
A great school that really knows how to educate gifted kids. As an alum, I know firsthand that their method not only challenges students in the right ways, it also provides long-term preparation for how to handle challenges later in life. Absolutely wonderful and highly dedicated faculty!
- Posted by Student/Alumni - Amber
Has a one-of-a-kind science lab research program for middle school through undergraduate students, using Electron Spin Spectroscopy equipment and data collection and analysis software.
- Posted by Administrator - kiyoa
Choosing a private school is a process with many parts to it. It also takes 18-24 months to complete. This collection of articles deals with the first part of the process in which you begin to look at private schools and what they offer.
Marketing the small private school can be done affordably and effectively. We suggest five easy steps to make that happen.
Solid parent-teacher relationships have always been an important part of K-12 education. During this interminable pandemic, parent-teacher relationships have become even more important.