St John The Baptist Catholic School
5.00 (4 reviews)
- Saint John the Baptist Catholic School has been investing in future generations of Longmont and surrounding cities since 1926.
- Our students are provided with a rigorous, time-tested curriculum. Our dedicated staff is committed to providing a faith-based and nurturing environment.
- In partnership with parents and families, Saint John the Baptist Catholic School provides a Catholic learning environment that enhances spiritual growth, stresses academic excellence, fosters mutual respect and develop personal responsibility.
- Saint John the Baptist Catholic School is called by faith to proclaim the Risen Christ through the lives and experiences of its parents, students, and staff.
- It is committed to providing faith, academic, and social experiences to prepare its students to be life-long learners and leaders in the church and community as witnesses to the gospel of Jesus Christ.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||327 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 23%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||24 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
Nearby Private Schools
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Longmont Grades: 6-12 | 37 students
402 Kimbark St.
Longmont, CO 80501 0.1 6-12
- Longmont Grades: 9-12 | 4 students
14780 N 107th St
Longmont, CO 80504
(303)776-6841 0.2 9-12
- Longmont Grades: 8-12 | 12 students
601 3rd Ave Suite 200
Longmont, CO 80501
(303)772-6820 0.2 8-12
- Longmont Grades: PK-12 | 292 students
550 Coffman St
Longmont, CO 80501
(303)776-3254 0.3 PK-12
- Longmont Grades: K-11 | 13 students
1146 Kimbark St
Longmont, CO 80504
(303)651-1325 0.9 K-11
SJB provides an excellent culture academically and spiritually. We are incredibly impressed with the entire teaching staff. Each teacher is dedicated to assuring the success of each child. Class sizes are small and intimate. The curriculum is tough and advanced. 90% of kids graduating SJB end up in IB/AP high school programs. The school has awesome sports, art, Spanish and music programs as well. We couldn't imagine our children outside of this amazing environment.
- Posted by Parent - lori
St. John's is a great school. I have sent four kids through St. John's, and the opportunities they had in academics, art, sports and Spanish far surpass what I had as a kid, even though I went through a very good public school system. The school is also excellent at developing faith-filled Catholic young people who understand how to treat others and how to follow Jesus Christ.
- Posted by Parent - brad
We couldn't be happier with our experience at St. John the Baptist Catholic school in Longmont. The SJB family is welcoming, faith-filled, and positive. We have three children enrolled at SJB. While we live in unincorporated Boulder County (closer to Niwot), the kids have friends from many of the near-by cities (Frederick, Firestone, Berthoud, Erie, Lafayette). Our youngest attended the pre-school last year two are currently at the elementary school and our oldest attends the middle-school. This K 8 institution provides an excellent education with rigorous academics, but it's the catholic education, small class size, and faith-based approach that we appreciate most. The curriculum is focused (AP/IB prep), provides a solid approach to all subjects (religion, Spanish language, science, math, English, music, literature, physical education) and has strong sports programs (including widget sports programs).
- Posted by Parent - dadb4
My children have attended St. John the Baptist Catholic School for the past two years. SJB boasts small class sizes and rigorous academics. Pre-school incorporates religious education in all aspects of learning while grades K-8 have a specific class for religion. In addition, they offer specials classes such as art, physical education, music, and Spanish, some starting in pre-K. The teachers and staff genuinely care about each and every student, which makes for a strong sense of community. The school has made such a name for itself that students are drawn from area communities, such as Firestone, Frederick, Berthoud, and Erie. SJB is an excellent choice for anyone looking for a school that develops the whole child.
- Posted by Parent - firth
Nearby Homes for Sale
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.