St John The Evangelist School
- Extending the mission of Jesus, St. John the Evangelist School provides a Catholic Education for children in Grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight in the Greater Watertown Area.
- The School maintains a spiritual atmosphere conducive to learning and academic excellence enabling our students to become moral and responsible citizens.
- Since late 1907, St. John School has provided Catholic education; that special vision of life and learning in relation to our Faith.
- Served by the School Sisters of Notre Dame and dedicated Lay personnel, we have provided Watertown area residents with a viable educational alternative.
- Our goal is to provide our students with a sense of community so they will grow into caring, concerned members of society.
- We value our students for their own worth and develop their potential to enrich their own and other's lives.
- We maintain a nurturing atmosphere conducive to learning and academic excellence, enhancing each student's self-concept, self discipline and maturity.The school provides educational service for grades Pre K-8th.
- Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and First Grade are located at "The Little School" which is located in the Convent Building next to Saint John the Evangelist Church.
- School for Grades 2-8 are located at "The Big School" on Main Street in Watertown.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||199 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||14 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||14:1|
National avg.: 13:1
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- WaterburyGrades: PK-8 | 217 students
386 Robinwood Rd
Waterbury, CT 06708
- SouthingtonGrades: K-6 | 171 students
1050 Flanders Rd
Southington, CT 06489
- NewtownGrades: PK-8 | 286 students
40 Church Hill Road
Newtown, CT 06470
- WaterburyGrades: K-4 | 3 students
Po Box 4790
Waterbury, CT 06704
September 30, 2017
Scandals in private school are bound to raise questions for those of us thinking about sending our children to private school. Regardless of how sensational these scandals may appear, they are actually few and far between.
September 29, 2017
Parents have many reasons for deciding to take their children out of public school and enrolling them in private school. This circumstance is something which can happen at any stage of your child's education.
September 29, 2017
Here are a dozen or so girls' schools' public thoughts about themselves and their missions.