St John The Evangelist School
- Extending the mission of Jesus, St. John the Evangelist School provides a Catholic Education for children in Grades Pre-Kindergarten through Grade Eight in the Greater Watertown Area.
- The School maintains a spiritual atmosphere conducive to learning and academic excellence enabling our students to become moral and responsible citizens.
- Since late 1907, St. John School has provided Catholic education; that special vision of life and learning in relation to our Faith.
- Served by the School Sisters of Notre Dame and dedicated Lay personnel, we have provided Watertown area residents with a viable educational alternative.
- Our goal is to provide our students with a sense of community so they will grow into caring, concerned members of society.
- We value our students for their own worth and develop their potential to enrich their own and other's lives.
- We maintain a nurturing atmosphere conducive to learning and academic excellence, enhancing each student's self-concept, self discipline and maturity.The school provides educational service for grades Pre K-8th.
- Pre-Kindergarten, Kindergarten and First Grade are located at "The Little School" which is located in the Convent Building next to Saint John the Evangelist Church.
- School for Grades 2-8 are located at "The Big School" on Main Street in Watertown.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||201 students|
|Student Body Type||n/a|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||17:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Southington Grades: K-6 | 171 students
1050 Flanders Rd
Southington, CT 06489
(860)628-4678 14.1 K-6
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.