St Joseph Academy
- We, the administrators, faculty and staff, strive to serve the faith-community of Saint Joseph Parish, Bogota-Teaneck, by enhancing our catholic identity and challenging one another to accept and live out the call of the Gospel.
- We share our God-given gifts and talents in order to provide academic and spiritual support for our students.
- We strive to bring each of his/her potential in becoming productive members of God's family.
- It is our belief that through varied models of instruction in the areas of academics and human knowledge, our students will be guided to live out our Christian values and deepen their respect for the democratic society in which we live.
- Our goals are to instill Christian moral values through the teaching of the Gospel, as well as providing positive role models through the example of our teachers; to provide our students with the tools, the enthusiasm, and the vision to utilize their talents to help create a world that mirrors the grandeur of God, its loving Creator; to encourage self-discipline and a sense of responsibility; to develop a love of learning and to develop a curriculum that will accept the challenges of an ever-changing technological society; and to instill a prayerful and compassionate approach to life by reminding the students of our basic Christian relationship of living dependence on God and willing service of others.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Prekindergarten-8|
|Total Students||282 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 30%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||15 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||19:1|
National avg.: 13:1
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
January 16, 2018
Part of the private school selection process is financial aid. We point out five issues about which you should be aware.
January 16, 2018
We look at why tuition costs vary so widely from school to school.
January 08, 2018
Changes to the Tax Code in late 2017 included the addition of saving for K-12 private school education to 529 plans. We take a look at what this means for families thinking about private school for their children.