St Joseph Catholic Academy
- Saint Joseph School is proud of its family-like community where parents, teachers and church are working together to develop the whole child both spiritually and academically.
- Our goal is to provide a spiritual environment focused on kindness and service to others.
- We maintain a strong academic environment by providing a rich core curriculum, which is systematic, ongoing and sequential. Saint Joseph's Diocesan School is committed to excellence through a community founded on a balance of respect, kindness, love, compassion and traditional Catholic values.
- Within the loving environment our children are able to grow intellectually, socially and spiritually and to then go out into our world as respectful, productive, loving young men and women.
- Saint Joseph's has created an academically challenging and competitive environment within the context of Catholic values and teachings through family and staff working together hand-in-hand to help develop the whole child spiritually intellectually, emotionally, socially and physically.
St Joseph Catholic Academy places among the top 20% of private schools in Connecticut for:
- Category Attribute
- Advanced Degrees Highest percentage of faculty with advanced degrees
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||National Catholic Educational Association (NCEA)|
Other school association(s)
|Religious Affiliation||Roman Catholic|
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-8|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Total Students||103 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 22%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||12 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||9:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||15 students|
|Classroom Dress Code||Formal|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Yearly Tuition Cost||$6,500|
|Average Financial Aid Grant||$2,000|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Lisa Sweeting|
|Total Sports Offered||4 sports|
|Sports||Basketball, Cheering, Soccer, Track and FieldBasketball, Cheering,|
Soccer, Track and Field,
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Bethel Grades: PK-8 | 165 students
24 Dodgingtown Rd
Bethel, CT 06801
(203)744-2922 6.3 PK-8
- Danbury Grades: NS-8 | 244 students
370 Main St
Danbury, CT 06810
(203)748-6615 5.9 NS-8
- Ridgefield Grades: PK-8 | 228 students
183 High Ridge Ave
Ridgefield, CT 06877
(203)438-4638 14.1 PK-8
What is a lab school? It's a K-12 school or school with some variation of those grades which is operated by a university or college.
Helicopter, velcro and snowplow parents can't stand the thought of their children having difficulty with anything. Over-protective parents come in several flavors. More here.
Raising money for your small school never seems to end. There is always some pressing need. And a few long-term ones as well. We offer some tips, suggestions and strategies to help you tackle this important aspect of your school's financial situation.