St Joseph Christian School
Tel: (816) 279-1555
- St. Joseph Christian School is a interdenominational, private Christian school strategically located to serve pre-k through twelfth grade students from the Northwest Missouri/Northeast Kansas area.
- The school's purpose is to partner with Christian parents in their God-given responsibility to encourage, discipline, and instruct their children.
- Based in a biblical worldview, instruction at SJCS builds in core curricula at the lower levels and expands to provide college-preparatory course-work at the upper levels.
|School Membership(s)School Assoc.||Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI)|
National Association of Independent Schools (NAIS)
|Grades Offered||Grades Nursery/Preschool-12|
|Learning Difference Programs||Yes|
|Summer School Offered||Yes|
|Summer Program Cost Notes||We offer Summer Camp to our currently enrolled families. There are three options: 3, 4, or 5 days a week; 6:45am-5:30pm. There is a registration fee of $135 for Summer Camp. Summer camp is only for students enrolled in Pre-K3 through Grade 7 for the upcoming school year.|
|Total Students||350 students|
|Student Body Type||Co-ed|
|% Students of Color|
State avg.: 17%
|Students by Grade|
Academics and Faculty
|Total Classroom Teachers||26 teachers|
|Student : Teacher Ratio||13:1|
National avg.: 13:1
|% Faculty w/Advanced Degree|
|Average Class Size||21 students|
|Number of AP Courses||10 courses|
|Advanced Courses||Advanced Math, Anatomy, Calculus, Chemistry 1 & 2, College Algebra, English Literature, French 3 & 4, Physics, Spanish 3 & 4, Trigonometry|
|Average ACT score||24|
|Classroom Dress Code||Casual|
Finances and Admission
|Admission Deadline||None / Rolling|
|Tuition Notes||Please call our admissions office to learn about all tuition details and financial aid!|
National avg.: 85%
|Admissions Director||Cyndi King|
|Total Sports Offered||8 sports|
|Sports||Baseball, Basketball, Cheering, Cross Country, Football, Track and Field, Volleyball, WeightliftingBaseball, Basketball,|
Cheering, Cross Country,
Football, Track and Field,
|Total ExtracurricularsTotal Extra-curric.||10 extracurriculars|
|ExtracurricularsExtra-curric.||Academic Team, Chapel Team, Chess Club, Class Officers, Drama, Drug-free Superstars, Fellowship of Christian Athletes, National Honor Society, Student Council, Yearbook|
- Core Values of SJCS
- Scholarship: Maximizing academic achievement for all students.
- Jesus Christ: Encouraging all students to make Jesus Christ LORD of their lives.
- Character: Encouraging the development of Christ-like character in all students.
- Service: Providing opportunities for all students to serve Jesus Christ by serving others.
Profile last updated:
- School Location Miles Grades Students
- Saint Joseph Grades: K-12 | 76 students
4405 S. 22nd St.
Saint Joseph, MO 64503
(816) 232-6424 5 K-12
- Atchison Grades: PK-8 | 217 students
201 Division St
Atchison, KS 66002
(913) 367-3503 23.9 PK-8
Now that school has safely reopened, what can we parents do to support and encourage the schools we care about so much?
Sending your child to a single-sex school is one of several options you have when it comes to private schools.
This article aims to show you where to look for information about school reopening protocols, school reopening communications, schools that have closed, and schools with COVID-19 cases, among other COVID-19 related issues.